3" Body Lift Being Installed As We Speak!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3" Body Lift Being Installed As We Speak!

Just dropped my 4x2 F150 off to finally have a PA 3" body lift installed. Going back at 5:00 to pick it up. For those who have had this done, are there any suprises I should be prepared for when I go to pick it up? Are the gaps in the wheel wells where the body sits above the frame going to look like *** without lift lips, or can I live without them? Will the exposed frame running underneath the cab and the bed stick out like a sore thumb or will it not be that noticeable? I'm very excited, I just don't want to get there and be like "Ohhh, that doesn't look all that great". Let me know...

Old 06-07-2002, 11:26 AM
The gap between the bed and frame will look like s**t. Buy some lift lips (gap guards), they run about $50.00. Makes the truck look ten times better.
As for the exposed frame. You can look into some body mounted nerf bars. I know the Ford and Westins are body mounted, but not sure about the Manik.

Other than that, just keep an ear out from any unusual noises and such. Congrats, you're gonna love the new look.

Old 06-07-2002, 11:57 AM
I second the gap guards...i didnt put em on right away and i hated how the front looked with the headers showing...i put those guards on and it makes a huge difference...just cleans it up a lot...but thats me. Other than that...um, sounds good!

Old 06-07-2002, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the help guys!

Old 06-08-2002, 12:48 AM
I hope you like the lift. How does it look? How much did the three inch lift cost and where did you have it done. We are looking into lift options. Thanks

Old 06-10-2002, 08:51 AM
Well, picked the truck up on Friday afternoon and it looks great! I don't know why I put it off for so long but I should have done it a long time ago. The total out the door was $550. ($170 for the kit and $350 for labor, plus tax). The gaps in the wheel wells don't look too bad, but I'm still going to order lift lips today because they're only $60. The one thing that does look like complete crap though is the exposed frame beneath the cab. Up close it's not bad, but when you're walking towards the truck from the side it sticks out really bad. Now I have to spend $300 on side step bars. But other than that, I am extremely happy and would definately recommend it to anyone!

Quick Reply: 3" Body Lift Being Installed As We Speak!