1-2 inch Drop

Old 05-26-2002, 05:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1-2 inch Drop

Hey,

I have a Lincoln Navigator and I was wondering if Bell Tech or whatever company is most recommended on this site has a complete lowring kit for a 98 Navigator 4X4. I was looking on Truckperformance.com and they had a complete kit by Ground Force, but i wanted to make sure that all the parts were included with the drop. If i dropped it 1-2 inches would i have to shave anything off of the bumpstops? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Jon

Old 05-28-2002, 08:46 AM
No you will not have to cut the bump stops on a 1-2 inch drop. Bell Tech makes a good kit.

Old 05-31-2002, 12:20 AM
I don't know of anybody that makes an actual drop kit for a 4wd Navigator. The one that's on the website you saw was for a 2wd.

One way you can lower it about 1-2" is by unscrewing the torsion bar bolt. You can back this out almost all the way. This will get you at least 1 inch and possibly 2 inches. Each bolt will have to be adjusted independentyly and then checked by driving the vehicle a block and rechecking to see if it's level. If not, adjust one side either up or down until it's even. The back is easily done by adjusting the air control switch in the back. It's located just under the rear axle a little on the left side. Just loosen the nut and slide it down all the way. You will also need to remove your bumpstops on the front and cut them about half way to allow room for the control arm to travel without riding on the bumpstops. Make sure you get an alignment after you do this.

Last edited by Navi Man; 05-31-2002 at 12:23 AM.
Old 05-31-2002, 12:38 AM
Thanks!

I think you may have sent me an email a while back instructing me to do the same things. The Ground Force does make a complete kit for a 4X4 though, cuz i checked at a few places... If you scroll down on that link i gave you, it offers the kit for the 4 wheel Drive.

When i decided to do that stuff, I may contact you by email or something... maybe phone??? just so that i can get the details for sure. Thanks again!

Jon

Old 05-31-2002, 01:14 AM
My mistake. I scrolled down and saw that they do indeed make a 4wd drop kit for the Navigator. It seems to be reasonably priced also. I would definitely consider that, if I were you. I may look into it myself. I know when I lowered mine by the torsion bolts, it definitely put it at a negative camber. I just had mine aligned and they never said anything about it being difficult to get it back in spec. Hopefully it's aligned properly and I won't be eating tires up. It would definitely be interesting to hear if anyone has actually used this kit and what the outcome was.

Old 05-31-2002, 04:12 PM
hey,

I will MOST likely buy the kit within the next week or so. I am paying another 2 K for the navigator again, so I'll be down to about $500 Extra Cash. i am gonna use it to buy the Kit, and superchip, but then I need to save up for Rims. C ya

Jon

P.S. I'll let ya know how the kit works out and if it really makes a difference. Do you think I'll be able to notice a 11/2 inch drop?

Old 05-31-2002, 05:50 PM
You will be surprised what a 1 1/2" drop will do. It doesn't sound like much, but it helps close up the gap between the wheel wells and the tires. One of the problems with the Navigators is that they sit a little nose high. Definitely post some pictures when you get it done and also take before and after measurements. The best way to do this is by measuring from the center of the rim to the bottom of the lip of the wheel well. Good luck in your project.

Old 06-01-2002, 12:55 AM
Sounds like a deal. I'll keep ya updated!

laters,

Jon

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1-2 inch Drop