Whiplash?

Old 05-22-2002, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whiplash?

Well, i have had the 5.5 superlift on my super crew since October and might be considering a bigger lift. I have a friend that might buy mine. I need to no every single bad thing you can think of about the 10" whiplash suspension lift. Thanks guys

Old 05-22-2002, 10:42 PM
The only one that comes to mind is, IFS!!!

Old 05-23-2002, 03:16 AM
the whiplash brand has gotten a lot of bad hype on this board i think. But really ive seen it...its a good lift...only thing is that people tend to stick 44s under em and those are really too big for a stock trucks drivetrain...IFS really isnt meant to handle that...but the lift itself is pretty solid...although i have heard its a BITC* to install...

Basically i think if you are gonna do the 10" that should be realistic to your trucks needs...

Are you gonna use it offroad? if yes, dont go with too big of tires, even tho you could...
Gas mileage? It will be bad...thats all i got to say...mostly tires fault...
Cost? These lifts are costly...and complicated...you prolly wont want to do it yourself, and this means many many pennies...
Power? Big lift=big tires=loss in power? do you have to tow? cause this could be a bad thing unless you have low gears...

Other than that, go for it...i mean, no doubt it'll look good...just make sure it really fits what you use the truck for...the other day i was refilling my bed and i realized...much taller and this would be a pain in the as* so i decided not to mess with lifting it anymore even tho i want to...

let us know what you do...

Old 05-23-2002, 03:52 PM
I know the tires are going to do the most damage, but i do not plan to live off-road. I am usually there for safty purposes only. Also, I know the lift will not look too good if it does not have the porportional tires on it. I would probally consider 39s. I have also would like to know about the effect it will have on the drive axle. i am willing to put in a limited-slip yoke elliminator. I will probally move to a 4.56 gear change, but how will it effect my transmission.

Old 05-24-2002, 01:18 AM
As long as you put the 4.56s in there it wont be bad. I would say that if you run 39s, 4.56s are a must. A friend has 36s, a 5.4 and 3.55s, and although it would run, it didnt seem like it could get out of its own way...seemed really bogged down even compared to mine...(4.6, 3.55, 35s)...

As far as the drivetrain stuff, well, i'd say make sure the shop gets ur angles right. Thats the most important...

But thats all i know...good luck

Old 05-24-2002, 03:37 PM
Thanks BigBadRedLiftedFordMan for the info, although I really don't have all the money right now, it is possibly my next mod. How will the service department react to it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Whiplash?