URGENT: I Need Help! Body Lift and A/C

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
URGENT: I Need Help! Body Lift and A/C

Hey everyone, it's been a long time!

I am in desperate need of help. In 2 1/2 years, my A/C has NEVER worked. On its 9th visit to Ford, they are nnow blamiung my body lift. I feel like I am being taken here...especially since they know the problem existed before the lift was installed.

The freon eventually leaks out, down almost 2 pounds, but Ford continuously insists that they cannot find a leak and blame it on the "fan shroud not letting air pass through the condensor."

Does any of this make sense? What do I do? It's getting ridiculous that I have a $25,000 vehicle with no air now for over 2 years.

Thanks

Old 05-13-2002, 08:23 PM
Angry Doesn't sound right to me

I've got a body lift and my AC works fine. Always has and hopefully always will. Sounds like the dealer is using your body lift as an excuse.

Bob

Old 05-13-2002, 10:36 PM
It's an excuse. If nothing was damaged in the body lift install which apparently it wasn't if it didn't work before then the AC should work. I assume they have did a UV leak test to try a pin point the problem. If not have one done you can usually find the leak right away. In no way does reduced air flow let 2+ LBS of freon leak out. Is this the same dealer everytime? I'd say they are BS'ing you big time.

Quick Reply: URGENT: I Need Help! Body Lift and A/C