creeking and cracking

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation creeking and cracking

anyone with liftkit on there trucks experience any creeking and cracking sounds. Well a freind of mine just had a 5" RCD liftkit
install with 315 tire 16 rims on is 2001 F-150 supercrew 4x4. he been hearing creeking and cracking sound when backing out of is driveway and during turns. when talking to the place of installation they mention that the s/c has a shorter torsion bars which may be contributing to the problem. that kit should of have been made for 33" tires since this 5" RCD kit on ford 4x4 you only get 4" of lift. He also mention that they add spacer on his rim to clear the spindles.I don't know what the dealer said is true or not.

I was considing get the fabtech 6" liftkit w/35 tires and 16 rims.
so if anyone of you been noticing any sounds of this kind or if you have any info on this subject feedback will be appreciated.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...y.cfm?gnum=394

Last edited by hmiz; 05-11-2002 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-13-2002, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Have the Fabtech lift and my truck has the same sound coming from it, too. I hear it most of the time when i come to a stop or start move from a light. I think it the rear springs moving a little bit. I'm planning on getting some traction bars. Do your tires rub when you turn or your wheels? I was runing 33's with stock ORP lift. They rub a little on the front bumper.

Quick Reply: creeking and cracking