fix for exposed frame on front after body lift part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking fix for exposed frame on front after body lift part 2

needless to say the first fix didn't work, unless epoxy or something is used. however I screwed together some scrap wood and made a template to get close to the right size, and then broke out the duck tape. Using the duck tape, I made sure that it was the same size as the part to cover, or a little larger. I used a sandwich bag, and some more tape( to smooth out the seams), and placed that over the wooden blocks. This next step is a question really, how good do you want it to look? Using fiberglass repair kits from walmart, I put two layers, alternating between, let set and make it longer than necessary, for trim up. I was in a hurry just to see if it would work, so mine ended up pretty bumpy after sanding, but next time I will be more through in the sanding process. I currently don'y know the exact dimensions, but can get them, as far as covers. if any one would like further info please respond.

Old 05-07-2002, 04:29 PM
That sounds like a good idea..
Let us know how it turns out in the end,
and PLEASE could you post pics

Old 05-07-2002, 09:44 PM
Talking response

This actually works, I didn't spend too much time sanding, which is where the time consuming part is. I havent measured anything, but I will if any would like some specs. also I thought that grey primer would match pretty good, since the grey on the bumpers, is not gloss, you might wan't to use black, or some darker shade of grey. my overall expense was 15 dollars for the fiberglass, and maybe two bucks, on hardware. I used 2, 4 1/2 inch bolts, 4 1\4 inch washers, two on either side, for strength, and lock nuts. I used the holes on either side of the frame as contact points. If any one uses this method, send me a response. Further questions, same thing. good luck chris p.s. spend time on the sanding

Quick Reply: fix for exposed frame on front after body lift part 2