Daystar Coil Spring Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2002, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Daystar Coil Spring Spacers

Has anyone actually installed a set of daystar coil spring spacers on a 2WD F150 and used them for over a year or so? If so, how long? The 1-2" spacers up the front sounds like the ideal fix for hieght without hopefully compromising the factor ride and handle. The price is not bad either. However, at least 3 different truck accessory stores I have visited talked against using spacers. The stores techs claim the spacers are nothing more than a gimmick and will adversely affect the truck's ride and handle in the end. Is this true? I wonder if these guys are right seeing that none of them carried or used or could get the spacers.

Thanks for your feedback.

Old 04-23-2002, 09:59 PM
They are no gimmick, they work as advertised. I've had 1 inch spacers for over a year. If you have a 1 inch spacer, your suspension will be lifted one inch. However, most people use spacers to add to their stock setup, or add them to an existing lift kit. In that respect, you are altering what the Ford engineers or the lift kit designers designed. So will you affect handling? Probably, by ride is a little rougher. Will it affect alignment? Probably, I'm running a bit more positive caster and a hair positive camber, but my tires wear just fine. It seems most are interested in spacers to either level their truck, or get a tad more lift from their lift. Either way, there is a small price to pay in handling and possibly alignment.

Old 04-24-2002, 09:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had 2 inch Daystar spacers for about 2 years on my Grand Cherokee and am very happy with them. They did throw off the alignment though, but that was no problem to fix. They are very popular and common among Jeep owners. Sorry I can't tell you about an F-150.

Old 04-24-2002, 02:53 PM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. You confirmed my suspicion and that is the truck accessory guys did not know what they were talking about. They were more interested in pushing their products than providing me with what I wanted.

Old 04-24-2002, 03:11 PM
I had the 1.5 inch spacers on my 99 and they worked as advertised. If I had to do it over I would have sprung for the spindle. To get a good quality spacer is 80 bucks (polyeurethane) I had the shop do the install and the alignment. So out the door is was like 250 therebouts. But a spindle lift was 500 out the door, and it wouldnt have effected ride quality. FOr the most part they worked fine, although Ive heard they stress out the ball joints more. And you will have to have it aligned.

Old 04-25-2002, 10:23 AM
I have a new set for $50 + shipping if you are looking for some.

Quick Reply: Daystar Coil Spring Spacers