Can any of the pros out there suggest something?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can any of the pros out there suggest something?

Hello all,

I have a 1998 F150 Off-Road Package 4x4.

I think my truck sits too high.

As I was getting my exhaust installed, I noticed that between the rear leaf springs and the rear axle was a lift block (about 1-2").

My mechanic also told me I could use the torsion bars to lower the front end about 1".

Removing the lift block and setting the torsion bars would then kill 1-2" off the rear and 1" off the front.

I am planning on doing this as an alternative to the expensive Belltech 4x4 kit.

Can you guys please tell me your opinions (brutal honesty please), because I dont want to ruin my truck.

I need your professional advice on what the adverse effects of this mod would be....

Thank you in advance!

Old 04-16-2002, 07:22 PM
the blocks in the back are stock, and all the trucks have em. If you take those out, i'd expect your ride to go down pretty bad. Plus, it'd be hard to anchor the leaf springs down with no block. The torsion bars are an option, but it'll make your ride a lot more soft. If it's worth the inch or two to do that for you, then go for it...it wont break nothin' (or i'm purdy sure)...but ride quality will change...

Old 04-16-2002, 08:25 PM
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Old 04-16-2002, 08:32 PM
Wouldnt removing those blocks make that rearend really squirmy, I would think the leafs wwould sway real bad because like you said, it would be hard to get them fastened down again.

Build em high high high, well maybe not that high--Speakin of which any1 see that excursion in Truckin, YUCK-thats too high.

Quick Reply: Can any of the pros out there suggest something?