Which shocks to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2002, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which shocks to buy?

I am thinking of replacing the shocks on my truck. I was wanting opinions on some shocks that would be a good choice for me. I do not off road on a regular basis, mostly pavement driving. I am looking for shocks that would give a better ride and possibly some help with body roll.

Old 04-14-2002, 04:46 PM
skinny-

Vote #1 is for Rancho RS 9000s; you'll get more. They're top notch shocks that you can adjust to suit "YOU'RE" ride choice. Right now, Rancho has their buy 3 get a 4th sale on that many people ask about here.

Old 04-15-2002, 08:20 AM
Thumbs up #2 for Rancho 9000's

I have to agree, 9000's are great shocks.

Bob

Old 04-15-2002, 08:21 AM
Thumbs up

What they said.... you'll love them.

Old 04-15-2002, 02:12 PM
I debated between the 9000 & RSX for a long time and finally wound up buying the Rancho RSX model. I know the RS 9000 is a good shock, but a little too gimmicky for me with adjustable dials...I'd set it on a middle setting and never change it, so why pay the extra amount?

The RSX performes exceptionally well, reducing bounce and body roll. Summit Racing has buy 3 get 1 free right now.

Old 04-15-2002, 08:38 PM
The Edelbrock IAS's are worthy of consideration also. I was looking for the same results as you, skinny, and am very satisfied. Firmer, with less body roll, but less harshness as well.

Clem

Old 04-15-2002, 08:49 PM
well, if it was me id go for the rancho rs9000's because i drive my truck on the highway, pavement, mud, rocks, and i use it for towing. if you dont need to change between settings, i would recommend the edelbrock IAS shocks, theyre a great street shock. they will make your truck handle better and drive smoother at the same time. if you tow or off-road, you cant beat the RS9000's!

Old 04-16-2002, 09:10 PM
All the choices are good shocks. Pick anyone of them and you cannot go wrong. I have tried all expect for Edelbrock. I did, however, consider Edelbrock but went with Bilstein because of the cost difference and was glad I did. If you want a good on and off road shock that reduces body roll and provides quick response to bumps and pot holes in the road, Bilstein is the shock for you. But again, all of the shocks listed here are good choices to consider.

Old 04-22-2002, 01:50 PM
I put the RS9000's on 2 weeks ago. Have not been offroad since then, but ride and body roll are noticeably better (setting 2). I'm happy I bought them and the '4th one free' was nice.

Old 04-22-2002, 05:10 PM
shocks

I just purchased a set of the Rancho 9000's last month. They very much so improve the handling abilities of the truck when both loaded and unloaded. I use settings 3 and 4 for the rear when loaded with my ATV. On these settings I can hardly notice the weight in the back of the truck. Actually I never go below 3 for the rear anytime. The only complaint I have is the front shocks seem to be too soft in positions 1 and 2, it seems to wallow around. Setting 3 keeps handling very predictable but is harsh going at slower speeds when hitting holes and uneven surfaces. Other people that ride in my truck comment on this. The other funny thing is that the #2 position is too soft and makes the truck wallow around at speed on country roads but at slow speed when hitting uneaven surfaces it seems to not give much at all. Overall this is a better shock than factory but I am considering trying to sell my new Rancho's for some other type of shock. I am considering the Eldebrocks as a replacement. Just not sure if they will be any better.

Quick Reply: Which shocks to buy?