Special Drop Kit...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2002, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Special Drop Kit...

Alright this might sound a little bit wierd but my truck is my dad's old one, so he is currently letting me use it... but what i want to do is drop the truck about 4"-6" but the truck is a 4x4... i know you are supposed to raise a 4x4 not drop it but i want a lowered truck... I was looking on a couple different websites and they had special kits for 4x4 that where only 2"-4" and i was wondering if i have to get a special 4x4 drop kit or can i just buy the regular 4"-6" kit... I was looking at getting either Belltech or DJM... Thanks

Old 04-08-2002, 06:42 PM
someone correct me if im wrong but i think its gonna be hard to drop a 4x4 more than 2-4" because it has a different suspension setup than a 2 wheel drive, and it could probably hurt your truck due to the different angles for the driveshafts. i dont think the 2wd lowering kits are compatible with the 4wd trucks either. i say do it the right way and just stick to the 2"-4" kits, it will look good nontheless. good luck!

Old 04-09-2002, 05:02 PM
i cant see you being able to drop it more than 2" in the front, unless you change ALOT of parts out. i also say stick with the 2/4 kit

Old 04-09-2002, 05:16 PM
It can be done, but it takes a lot of work. Damon Soudamire of the Portland Trailblazers had a 4wd Navigator that was slammed. The biggest problem he had was breaking front axles, so the shop pulled them out. He never wanted to use the 4wd function anyway. Their is a guy by the name of Pat who has a shop in Mission Viejo, California called Ballistic Motorsports. He would probably be able to help you.

Old 04-17-2002, 10:41 AM
The whole front susp is different It will not work unless you change over the all of the front susp. So if you bought upper and lower control arms and springs for a 2wd they should just bolt up but not sure if you would need to buy the 2wd spindles or not the axles would for sure have to come out. The 4wd is a torsion bar front suspension and the 2wd is spring so the only way to make the 2wd stuff work would be to get rid of the torsion bar set up. I think I would just leave it alone or trade the truck in for a 2wd. After you get done lowering it 2 and 4" it will probably just look like a stock height 2wd. Best of luck to you

Anything is possible all it takes is time and money ---- not necessarily in that order

Old 04-19-2002, 12:22 PM
preppy who has the 2/4 drop kit for 4x4s , also if ya get it let us know how the swap goes .

Old 04-21-2002, 09:24 PM
I am pretty sure Belltech makes it... I saw it on two websites, i can only remember one though http://www.stylinconcepts.com

Quick Reply: Special Drop Kit...