2" Lift and 33's

Old 03-11-2002, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2" Lift and 33's

my father is looking for pics of a 2 inch body lift and 33 inch tires. Can anyone help me here?

Old 03-11-2002, 06:29 PM
go to 4-wheelpartswholesalers they have all that and charts for lifts and tire size

Old 03-11-2002, 06:37 PM
i was looking for pictures, not prices.

Old 03-14-2002, 02:20 PM
kev
Look up the photo gallery for tlocke. He has a 2" body lift and 285 tires. They are the same height as the 33s but not as wide.

kev

Old 03-14-2002, 06:16 PM
thanks kev, nice truck. i originally wanted a three inch lift and 35's but with my roll pan, too much of the rear frame would be exposed.

Old 03-15-2002, 02:27 PM
kev
Thats cool. I originally wanted a 2" body lift and 33" tires. I ended up going with the 3" and 35s and love it. I don't understand what you said about seeing the rear frame. I don't see any of the rear of my frame except a little in the wheel wells but the 35s block that real good. When I had the stock tires on, it was a bit noticeable, but not with these big ums. Also you can get the lift lips but I couln't justify spending $60 for some cheap rubber strips. I also have a hitch, so I guess that blocks everything in the rear.

Are you aware that the PA 2" lift doesn't come with brackets to lift up the rear bumper? So your rear bumper will stay stock height and the truck will be higher. tlocke was able to lift his anyways by customizing the bumper brackets himself, but I'm not sure the details.

kev

Old 03-15-2002, 06:20 PM
I have a roll pan, it is attached to the body, not the frame so my it will lift with the body. I couldnt get the 3 inch becuase with my roll pan, you would see the part of the frame that the old bumper used to bolt onto.

Old 03-16-2002, 03:21 AM
hey kev does your 35 rub just having a 3 inch lift

Old 03-18-2002, 09:33 AM
kev
Oh I C Nikko. Sorry I guess I misread your post. Post pics when you finish the 2" lift and 33s. I would like to see how it looks. Like I said that was my original intent but I changed my mine in the last second. Keeping 33s will not hurt your performance as much either.

blueovalracer,

I still kept the stock 17" chrome wheels to mount my 35s. Due to the lack of offset, I just slightly rub the frame at full lock of the steering wheel. Several mechanics have told me that this is still legal and that as long as it doesn't rub during normal driving, it is fine. We shall see come inspection time. It might just come down to putting on another set of wheels and tires for inspection day, lol. I never hit the valance, fenders, or anything when I off road. It seems that the lack of offset helps in keeping the tires away from the body but not the frame, lol. If I had a suspension lift, it wouldn't rub at all.

I have talked with several people who run this same setup but with aftermarket wheels (8" or 10"). All of them said they had to do minor trimming of the valance but nothing bad and also a tweek of the torsion bars.

Let me know if you have any questions,

kev

Old 03-18-2002, 08:50 PM
hey kev, how do you like your Pro Comps? i ordered the M/Ts myself. Do they last a decent amount of time?

Old 03-19-2002, 07:35 AM
kev
I love these tires! They don't have much road noise, in fact they are almost as quiet as the stockers were. I have had no problems driving in the rain. In the snow, they tend to fishtail a bit more (more so in the small snowfalls and when we get dustings). And offroad capabilities are incredible!!

Well I only had these tires since around November and have about 5-6000 miles on them. I cupped the edges of the front tires a bit due to myself being too lazy to take the truck in for an alignment after the lift - Its aligned now though. I noticed a small amount of wear on the back tires (probably from when that kid in a honda pissed me off and I smoked the tires and pulled three cars ahead in my lifted truck with a stock engine, lol) So I guess I can say that they are holding up, but only time will tell.

kev

Old 03-19-2002, 07:43 AM
How do the MT (Mud Tires) wear compared to the stock A/T (All Terrains)?

Does Ford still work on trucks with lifts or is it better to go to someone else after the 36,000mi warranty is up?

Also if you extend warranty what does the PA3" lift and 35s Void on the warranty? Juss wondering 'cause my truck only has 21k miles on it so far. I'll probably do the lift next year.

Thanks,
FRANK

Old 03-19-2002, 07:47 AM
kev
I can't really answer your questings there Frank. I put my lift on at around 45,000. I purposely waited until the warranty was out actually. I hate dealing with those Ford service managers!!!

The wear will probably be much better on the AT's in my mind. Also they give a warranty on the AT's and not the MT's so procomp must think they will last longer.

kev

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2" Lift and 33's