Exposing frame w/ 3" body lift?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exposing frame w/ 3" body lift?

i just recently put a roll pan on my truck. While i was putting it on i noticed that where the old bumper connected to the frame, there were two large, metal peices of the frame to which it bolted too. I was wondering whether my 3 inch body lift will expose these peices. I also noticed that my spare tire will be quite visible. Anyone have any experiance with any of this?

Old 03-09-2002, 09:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes they both will be visible. The frame in the front will be more so, but there are a lot of people with 3" body lifts who have cut some of that back, so you cant see it. As for the spare tire, I wouldnt worry about that as much, you can see it a lilttle, but not enough to fret over.

Old 03-13-2002, 10:11 PM
Exclamation

I have some photos in my web site that may help you with this concern.

Old 03-14-2002, 02:08 PM
kev
Check out my gallery as well. There is at least one good pic of that part of the frame sticking through. Let me know if you need any info on installing the lift. I installed mine in October. I love the looks of this truck with the body lift. So far I had four people ask me about my "suspension" lift, they didn't believe me it was a body lift and they were standing right there looking at the truck, lol.

The way the bodies are made on our rides, really hides the frame so lifting it 3 inches is barely noticeable especially if you have the nerf bars like I do.

kev

Oh I have the instructions for the lift scanned on my computer, let me know if you want me to email them to you.

Old 03-15-2002, 01:11 PM
Talking

LOOKS SWE-E-E-T MAN. I WANT ONE TOO.

WHAT'S UP?
FRANK III
Blue1989TSi

Old 03-15-2002, 01:23 PM
kev
Welcome to f150online Frank. This is a nice site isn't it? There is a photo gallery for your rides as well and its free. Take a look at all of the boards. You wouldn't believe the amount of information on here. There are a ton more "regulars" and knowledgable people on this board compared to our conquest boards but then again there are a ton more f-150s than conquests.

kev

Old 03-16-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by kev
Welcome to f150online Frank. This is a nice site isn't it? There is a photo gallery for your rides as well and its free. Take a look at all of the boards. You wouldn't believe the amount of information on here. There are a ton more "regulars" and knowledgable people on this board compared to our conquest boards but then again there are a ton more f-150s than conquests.

kev
Hi Kev,

Check me out at F150online Forums > Owner's Connection > General Discussion > Black2000XLT vs. Blue1989TSi so we don't go off on a slant like on the C/S Board.

Back to the topic. From the picture you showed me I didn't see much of the frame exposed on your lift Kev.

Old 03-16-2002, 12:29 PM
Frame exposure is not that bad! with a 3" body lift, You can hardly notice with step bars.

Quick Reply: Exposing frame w/ 3" body lift?