Whiplash Suspension Lift

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 06:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whiplash Suspension Lift

I'm curious to know if anybody has any information on the 10" lift. The Whiplash website doesn't seem to be finished, and I'm wondering about some of the details, like cost, quality, and parts included.

Whiplash_F150, what do you think of the kit? I noticed your looking to replace the front IFS with a straight axle. What are your likes and dislikes about the kit?

Old 03-05-2002, 07:29 PM
Check out my thread on page 2 of suspension "New Lift" or check out my gallery its called "rhyno"

Old 03-05-2002, 10:55 PM
The lift is great, I want to convert my truck to get more strength for off-roading and everyday use. The Whiplash kit is bulletproof, but Ford's parts aren't. I blew a wheel hub and had to replace wheel studs and upgrade them to 14mm's, if you have a '90's truck you most likely have the 12mm's, you defiently do if you have a '97-'98, I don't know about '99 and '00 but '01 and up are 14's. I blew a wheel hub because it got water in it and corroded and I have a huge offset wheel, if you run a small offset wheel you should be in better shape. Don't expect to wheel it hard and keep everything intact though, I've heard about blowing halfshafts and CV joints but I, myself, have never experienced it.

-Kelly

Old 03-06-2002, 10:18 AM
Rhyno, I noticed you bought flared front fenders, was there any reason, or just for looks?

Whiplash_F-150, yeah those are quite the offset wheels. When you blew your wheelhub, was it under fairly severe off-roading or just minor?

So the kit included everything except it's recommended to go to 14mm lugs. How much mechanical experience do you need to put this baby together? And what kind of price did you guys pay for it? Another big expense would be the wheels and tires.

Old 03-06-2002, 10:24 AM
Oh, and what kind of driveability do you have on the street? Is there a fair amount of body roll compared to the stock height? I imagine it would be more with the body lift then without. And do you guys ever get hassled by the cops? They don't seem to be to bad around here. My friend had a 14" lift in his Ramcharger, and was never hassled.

Old 03-06-2002, 01:50 PM
Fordification, I bought the fenders when I had a 5" RCD lift so I would have more room up front for bigger tires. Now I think I will leave them on so that I will be more original and different than everone else. As for price, the lift is $1900 + shocks + driveshaft + Install + tires and wheels. Look at spending about 4 to5 grand. I haven't been hassled by the cops yet. there is not that much more body roll than stock on my truck but it is different driving it cause your a foot taller!

Old 03-07-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Rhyno
Fordification, I bought the fenders when I had a 5" RCD lift so I would have more room up front for bigger tires. Now I think I will leave them on so that I will be more original and different than everone else. As for price, the lift is $1900 + shocks + driveshaft + Install + tires and wheels. Look at spending about 4 to5 grand. I haven't been hassled by the cops yet. there is not that much more body roll than stock on my truck but it is different driving it cause your a foot taller!
Is it just the front driveshaft that has to be replaced? Must be from the increased angle right? How much was the shaft I wonder? Did you pay someone to install it or did you install it yourself? I can't see it being to difficult unless you don't have access to a hoist or crane.

Old 03-08-2002, 02:29 AM
Fordification, yeah the front driveshaft has to be replaced. You can buy one from Whiplash and install it your self. As for price I don't remember exactly. Give them a call and ask them as mainy questions as possible. here is the #559.294.8404 talk to MIKE and tell him that Ryan Fipke told you to call.

Last edited by Rhyno; 03-08-2002 at 02:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Whiplash Suspension Lift