Lowering the right way.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 05:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lowering the right way.

I had a '99 4x4 that I dropped via torsion torque and coil sway in the rear. It was ok, but was a "rush" job to say the least. This time, I'm in a '02 4x2 with load leveling in the rear - I'm considering just a 2x2 drop via an actual kit this time. I found a Ground Force kit for this - coils, air susp relocate brackets and their shocks for about 300. First, what is the best way? Do I have to worry since it's only a 2x2 drop? Is Ground Force a reputable company/product?

Any help with this is greatly appreciated!!! Anyone know of an outstanding install shop in the SoCal area, too??? Parts are only as good as the one who installs them.

Thanks again.

Old 03-07-2002, 02:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
expy,
There a four local area shops that I've reseached for drops. The first three install the Hotchkis system that I'm interested in for my truck. The Hotchkis kit is a 2/3, 3/3, or 3/4 depending on who's numbers you want to believe. Cost installed at all three places with new front coil springs, rear leaf springs, front and rear sway bars, shocks and alignment is approx $1500. Shops are Dealer's Sport Trucks in Cerritos, Performance Plus Tire & Automotive in Long Beach, and Wheel Warehouse in Anaheim The last shop is SoCal Speed Shop in Pomona they have their own kit ,installed it costs about the same amount. These are prices for an F150 Xtra Cab 4x2 drop, it will probably not be the same for your 4x2 expy with the air springs in back(?). Hope this helps.
Jim A

Quick Reply: Lowering the right way.