96 f-150 2.5" lift alignment question

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 01:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96 f-150 2.5" lift alignment question

I am planning a 2.5" lift for my 96 f150 4x4.
Tuff Country has one that includes a "alignment kit"
Others that are about $150 cheaper do not have it.
I called some of the manufactures and they said you can not tell if you need a alignment kit or not until it is on the rack. Anyone have any experience or input on this?

Thanks!

Old 03-05-2002, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the alignment kit is a set of brackets that lower your twin I beam brackets down. with ford's twin i beam suspension (87? - 96), a lot of the time if you dont install new radius arms, your camber will be unadjustable, causing your tires to wear unevenly. i had this happen to me because i installed 1.5" lifting coils in my front suspension, i had to get these brackets (from tuff country) in order to regain adjustment of my camber. rough country's lift kits and trailmaster's kits both include this "alignment kit" also. if you look at the rancho webpage, under the footnotes for your application lift, it will say that due to the twin I beam suspension, camber may be unadjustable after the lift. if i were you, id go on the safe side and use a kit that already includes these brackets (rough country, tuff country, trailmaster are some of the companies...). hope this helps!

Quick Reply: 96 f-150 2.5" lift alignment question