Cheapest place for "quality" drop A-arms?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 11:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Cheapest place for "quality" drop A-arms?

I want to get a set of 2" drop A-arms for my truck, but even after years of being out they're still way up there price wise. Anybody know where to get the cheapest drop A-arms, that won't snap in two when you hit a bump? I vaguely know a few manufacturers, but not certain who all makes them for F-150's. I'm looking for a good compromise between quality and price. Help me out, please?,,,,98

Old 03-02-2002, 06:12 PM
Suspended For Violation of Vendor Rules
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
western chassis is the only one i would buy imho

Old 03-09-2002, 08:58 PM
Call 1-800-876-6226 at Western Chassis....

Talk to Steve. Or anyone there at Western Chassis.

Western Chassis: Really know their stuff. I have finally decided that I am going for their 4"/6" drop. Their website shows what that looks like on the F150 specifically. It looks just right.

Front End: I was thinking that I would have to buy both upper and lower control arms on the front. But they say it's just not necessary. You buy their lower control arm and springs for a four-inch drop and then put the caster/camber kit in the existing factory upper control arms, and they claim no alignment or tire wear problems whatsoever.

On the Rear-End: The package includes a high quality "C" section kit, with 1/4" thick steel plates that bolt through your frame and provide a full 3-1/2" more axle travel without hitting the frame. Then, they provide a "Flip-Kit" that puts your axle on top of the springs. They also provide a set of shackles to give you either another inch or not. (5" or 6" drop) So, you have some flexibility built into their kit. And, they provide "Shims" to tilt your pinion back to the correct angle to the drive shaft.

The guys a Western Chassis have thought of everything and have done hundreds of these drop kits. I liked everything Steve told me. He knows what he is talking about and he has personally lowered several trucks himself. He has been there for seven years. You won't go wrong with these guys.

Good luck with your drop,

BillVoyles
RedLowRyder

Old 03-09-2002, 09:34 PM
Thumbs up

Thanks guys, looks like Western is worth looking at. I'm only planning to drop the front two inches for now, but I may buy some shockwaves later if I bag it. That's the shock/bag combo, but at an average price of $750 a pair, I'm going to wait until the price gets reasonable. They've already dropped $100 since the first ad I saw, so hopefully in a year or two. Thanks again,,,,98

Old 03-11-2002, 12:31 AM
Yeah, for A arms I go with Western Chassis too! Although if your only dropping the front 2" you could go with Belltech coils. I got the 3" coils with no alignment probs or anything. Just a thought!

Old 03-11-2002, 06:57 PM
i saw some from chassis tech for like 250 i belive. but ive heard that they are not the best quality or customer service

Old 03-11-2002, 07:03 PM
Thumbs up

I just wanted to use the drop A-arms cause I may bag the truck later. If I decide against it, at least I'll have a truck that is lowered correctly Can anyone attest to the fact that you can use stock length shocks with the drop arms?? I heard that recently, and it would cut down on the mail order waiting and possible problems for sure. Is it true??,,,98

Quick Reply: Cheapest place for "quality" drop A-arms?