Parts in from 4wheelparts

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 05:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parts in from 4wheelparts

All of my parts arrived from Fabtech yesterday. My XTerrains came in as well. I'm taking it on Thursday to have them installed. 6" lift, skid plates, front bar, shock hoop, 35" XTerrains. They tell me that I'm the first in the area to have them install this kit. I got them to install 4 boots on the shocks too. Will post before and after pics here when its done. I can't wait, I have been waiting for almost 3 weeks to have it done. Keep your eyes peeled for new pics

Old 03-15-2002, 12:00 PM
Thumbs up

I just got the 6" fabtech installed wed at 4wheelparts. it rides nice and looks good. I haven't got new tires yet, but i'm planning on running 36x12.50x16.5 swampers. I did have to buy a few new parts. My idle arm and pitman arm was worn out. My rear leaf spring make my rearend sag alittle. Call fabtech about rear spring, they said later this year they a making 6" lifted spring P/N FTS 42700. Let me know how everthing come out.

Old 03-15-2002, 06:51 PM
Talking

I like mine too, but I think i'm going to change the shocks. Rides a little rough at highway speed (70). Be shure you get the steering stab from Fabtech. I ordered mine from 4wheel and got a great deal on it. What is kind of funny, but 4wheel said the same parts needed replaced on mine. They said someone had spoken to me when they did not and they installed the new parts. So I got them for free since the tech would not remove it. I had to pay for shipping though. I'm still tweeking the ride and still think my rear looks lower but its level. Here is mine done. Do you have any pics?

Old 03-15-2002, 11:26 PM
TeamTrent, how much did the shock hoop cost ya?
Man, after listening to you two talk, I cant wait to get the rest of mine on. 4 Wheel Parts only sent half the kit, so I have the rear done with the new tires on and have the all the new crossmembers on the front but am missing the spindles and other misc. parts. They say it will be here wed.

Post some pictures of the new parts.

Thanks, Scott

Last edited by Squanto804; 03-15-2002 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-17-2002, 07:56 AM
no pic yet, but i'll get some. how's your wheel hop in the rear?

Old 03-17-2002, 08:45 PM
I don't have all of the parts on yet and they removed my steering stab when I had new tie-rods put in. That is something to check for when the kit is installed. 4wheel and NTB told me that my rod ends were at maximum and could not be aligned. I bought shorter heavier tie-rod ends and they replaced them. You can buy them or have them cut 1/4 to 1/2in. so your truck can be done right. After NTB finished the alignment its better than it was stock (well real close). The first time it was done it was -62 camber and you could see in some of the pics I posted before the tires were turned inward. It was wearing the inside of my XTerrains with only about 200 miles on it. 4wheel made it right and stands behind the kit they installed. Customer for life here. I also had the same problem with parts from Fabtech. They were running 2-4 weeks behind in shipping parts. Oh, my hoop was $400 plus shocks. Total was about $460 from 4wheel. I think i'm going to wait until I get my new rims and tires with 3" body lift installed before I put all of the parts on. What do you think, Weld crusher 16.5x12, 38x14.5/16.5 swampers?

Old 03-20-2002, 05:31 PM
I had to take my truck back to 4wheelparts monday. The blocks that came with my kit had a 3% taper and so did my stock bump stop block so my rear axle had a 6% taper this was to much for the rear diver shaft. It was cause a lot of viberation. 4wheelpart call Fabtech and we said th use blockes from the F-250 kit was has no taper. Everything working go now. Are you planning on buy the traction bars? I'm think i'm going too wait untill the 6" lift spring come out. I bought new wheels last friday 16.5x9.75 eagles. How much did they quote for the body lift? Am going to try to run 36x12.50x16.5 swapmer.

Quick Reply: Parts in from 4wheelparts