Torsion Bars?... where?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torsion Bars?... where?

Hey All...

I've thuroughly read all the posts on the torsion bars- and I'm still having problems locating mine. I got out my 18mm socket wrench- and found a nut that sits on top of the front shocks. I cranked it clockwise about 8 turns and counter clockwise 8 turns-... measured it both ways- and it wasn't raising or lowering anything.

Am I cranking the wrong nut? Where is the torsion bars? Can someone post a picture? - or be VERY descriptive? Do I have to lay on my back to see it- or can the nut be accessed from the side of my truck?

I have a 2002 F150 King Ranch.

thanks for your help!

Brian

Last edited by RotGutBottom; 02-22-2002 at 02:41 AM.
Old 02-22-2002, 02:43 AM
I hope you are jokeing or else you have to start somewhere.
torsion bars equal 3foot by 1.5 Inch thick and they are parralel with frame and attached from a cross member under the cab and run towards your lower a arms. the adjusting bolt is on the crossmember side at the end of the torsion bar.

Old 02-22-2002, 11:24 AM
....I wish I could say I was joking- but I looked everywhere for another 18mm nut- and the one on the top of the shock was the only one I could find. So I was probibly making my suspension a little more stiff...

Old 02-22-2002, 02:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation

You only have T bars with a 4x4. The only 18mm nut I can think of where you were turning is the one that holds the spindle on the front suspension

"Got Milk?".... I mean "Got 4x4?"

Old 02-22-2002, 04:52 PM
Unhappy here ya go

check out my gallery for a pic of the bolt that cranks the torsion bars. Again, they are only on 4x4 trucks. Its located on the bottom of the truck about in the middle of the truck (from front to back). Lay on you back about the end of the drivers door and slide under the truck and you will see them, if you got them. Again look at the pic in my gallery and good luck.

cajun

Old 02-25-2002, 05:18 AM
Question JUST HOW MUCH LIFT CAN YOU GET?

I WAS WONDERING JUST HOW MUCH LIFT YOU CAN GET BY TURNING THE TORSION BARS. I HAD A MAZDA PICKUP IN HIGH SCHOOL THAT I LOWERED, YES I SAID LOWERED, ABOUT THREE INCHES. THANKS FOR ANY HELP. BRIAN

Quick Reply: Torsion Bars?... where?