Quality difference between rancho and trail master?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2002, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quality difference between rancho and trail master?

Ive been quoted some prices for a trail master kit that includes the shocks for around 1200. The rancho kit was over 1600 without shocks.

the one thing i did notice is that the rancho kit looks to have a one piece subframe, where the trail master has a lot of little brackets. And the rancho comes with new longer one piece spindles and it looked like the trail master comes with upper ball joint extensions that go on the factory spindles.

anyone ever compared the two in person?

Old 02-20-2002, 02:20 AM
Sorry I can't answer your question, but I ran a Trailmaster kit on my `78 Jeep Cherokee Chief a few years ago and the ride was horrible. Bought a Tuff Country lift for my Dodge Ramcharger last year and it rode better than stock. Don't forget to compare spring rates when shopping for a kit.

Old 02-21-2002, 01:05 AM
Thumbs up

Have had the Trailmaster kit for almost 3 years now and no problems at all. Rides great.

Rancho is a nice setup., but Trailmaster was about the only kit out when I install mine at the time . Did not have many other choices but would not change my mind. Very happy with the Trailmaster.

Quick Reply: Quality difference between rancho and trail master?