4"Rancho or 4"Trail Master

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4"Rancho or 4"Trail Master

I'm shopping for a lift and would like any helpfull imput.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
1997 F-150 XLT Pacific Green 4X4 5.4L Supercab-- K&N Generation II Air Filter, Granatelli Mass Airflow Sensor, BBK Throttle Body, JBA Headers W/ FlowMaster Cat Back Exaust, Jet Superchip, Jet Low Temp Thermostat, Jet Underdrive Pulleys, Weld Scorpio Wheels W/31" Pro Comp Mudders.

Old 02-14-2002, 08:05 AM
Thumbs up I'll vote for Rancho

I was looking at both when I got my lift and the guys at the shop talked me out of the Trailmaster and into the Rancho. So far I have no complaints. It seems to be a really well engineered kit.
Just my opinion though.

Bob

Old 02-14-2002, 06:15 PM
The diffrence between the two is, Rancho uses a one piece lower member to drop steering angles. Very strong. Trailmaster uses multiple parts to make the lower member, weaker design. Not saying that both kits are not quality, its just preference. Off road alot..... the Rancho kit, not that much, then the Trailmaster kit. Both kits give you the same height, but more have boasted about the ride in the Ranco kit. Do your research, ask some people that have the kits, and ask off road shops and see what really sells. I researched for several months before going with the Fabtech 6" kit. I get a full 6" with out having to twist the bars. Just look around, they have kits from RCD, Whiplash, Superlift, Pro-Comp as well.

Old 02-14-2002, 09:00 PM
Rancho

Old 02-14-2002, 09:28 PM
My Vote

Old 02-17-2002, 02:08 AM
i see alot of trailmaster lift kit's and i wonder how they got d.o.t. approved. with that spindle extention. and the steering bracket's. what a joke. i just got a look at a rancho kit. what a diff. i would like to check out a super lift just to see what they got. but in my opion stay away from trail master. if you get a chance. look under a few truck's. you'll understand. not sure about any other's, i just started checking them out. good luck.

Quick Reply: 4"Rancho or 4"Trail Master