Edelbrock IAS's installed

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2002, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edelbrock IAS's installed

Screwdriver summed it up pretty well in the post where I ordered them.

Body roll, reduced greatly,almost eliminated! I wouldn't think of putting on a sway bar unless I planned to race it.

Ride is much better, this is how the truck should have been delivered/set-up from the factory. Its firmer, at the same time not at all harsh. and not too soft either. Perfect!!

Over rough surfaces at speed the truck would bounce around (especially the rear), the upsetting of the suspension made me lose confidiance in the trucks ability to corner at speed.

Not any more, it gives me a whole new feel, and the confidiance to drive it through the apex of a corner.

I think the dampening of the stock shocks was too soft to be paired with the springs which are designed to carry weight, allowing the wheels to bounce around on compression and rebound.

Only complaint, on the fronts I can no longer use the fancy wire holders that attach to the stock shock post .( for the anit-lock sensors) The post on the Edel's is narrower. I'll come up with a fix for that.

If you are thinking about them, Get them!!!

anyone want a set of stockers with 13,000 miles????......lol

Old 02-10-2002, 04:09 PM
I thought you'd like them.

Enjoy those shocks. I didn't see any wires myself though.

Old 02-10-2002, 09:18 PM
Yep, I set the little plastic bracket up on top and one has stayed but one fell off but it's doesn't really go anywhere; just kinda sits there loose.

The other thing I noticed (when they had my tires off to balance and I found one tire was about to blow) was that the upper bushings appear to be close to disinigrated!

Quick Reply: Edelbrock IAS's installed