2009 F-150 Suspension Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 07:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 F-150 Suspension Swap

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so I'm sorry if I can find my question somewhere in the tons of posts people already posted.

I have a 2009 F-150 Lariat 2wd with a 6in Zone lift, 5in blocks in the back. Keep in mind I just bought the truck 2,000 miles ago and its never been in any accidents or anything. The lift is about 4,000 miles old, along with pretty much brand new 20in Fuel Octane wheels and 35in Nitto Trail Grapplers. For some reason I cannot keep my truck aligned and not pulling to the left a little. I've had 2 alignments in 2 weeks and each time they put it on the machine, it's different than when I left the previous times. i'm getting kind of tired of fooling with it, and am wondering if I can buy a stock Fx4 suspension and just swap it out, then sell my lift and just run a leveling kit. I know my tires stand the chance of rubbing, and I'm not sure what offset my wheels are, but they stick out about 2in right now outside of my wheel wells. I found a full like-new stock setup on Ebay for a 2013 Eco-boost Fx4 so I was wondering if that is compatible with my truck.

Any thoughts, comments, and suggestions are appreciated, minus 2wd comments. I got a steal on the truck so I couldn't turn it down!

Old 09-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the install process of the zone lift kit, but some require making some cuts to install which would make swapping back to stock suspension a bit more difficult. And you'd still need to go back to 2wd components.

As for your wheel/tire combo, with it sticking out about 2" now you'll definitely have some rubbing if you go back to down to just a leveling kit.

Now for the alignments, do you have any of the alignment data printouts that you can post up? Also, can you post pictures of the suspension you currently have so we can make sure there isn't a leveling kit stacked on top of the lift kit that is making it impossible to align? Last question, where are you getting the alignments done at? Is it an off-road shop that specializes in doing alignments on lifted vehicles?

Old 09-12-2015, 11:26 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I think they arent tightening down the LCAs to spec (268 ft lbs)

slight change in camber will be a huge change in toe

Quick Reply: 2009 F-150 Suspension Swap