I just went from P's to LT's and miss the softer ride. Suggestions?

Old 08-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question I just went from P's to LT's and miss the softer ride. Suggestions?

Just got new tires and was looking for something that would last a little longer. I just went from P's to LT's and miss the softer ride.

Is there a shock anyone suggest???

I'm running 45psi on Nitto TG G2's 285/65/18 Load E.
The rear likes to jump too much and I miss the softer ride!

Name:  IMG_1502_zpsewcfcws9.jpg
Views: 5996
Size:  153.9 KB

Old 08-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
You will have to live with it I suspect.

When I bought my 02 used, it had Dunlop tires on it. Being an FX4 it rode harder than my previous 00 XLT that was equipped the same. When I replaced the tires, I bought Michelin LTs with the street tread and changed the OE Rancho shocks to gas Monroes. The tires helped a little and the shocks helped a little. But the changes were not much.

Old 08-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
IF, your new tires are the same size as the OEMs were, inflate them to the door sticker values, which may be less. On my old 2005 F150, I mounted Michelin LT Load Range E tires and kept the pressure to the door sticker value of 40 psi. I thought the ride was great.

I increased the pressure to 55 psi when towing, to compensate for the increased axle loading, and again, the ride was great.

Those tires had a max psi rating of 80 psi, and, of course their highest load handling capability would be at that pressure.

- Jack

Old 08-19-2015, 01:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I went from P metrics to LT's and then got rid of the LT's as fast as I could to go back to the P metrics.

Only the 8200 gvwr f150s came with load E tires. Some others came with LT load C.

Bottom line, they're gonna ride rough on the truck. As started, you can try airing them down, but the tpms may set of the dash light. That also may wear them out faster and lessen fuel economy.

When I had LT's, I ran them all at 46 psi. Still rode rough, but the tread wore well.

Lastly, I don't think there are any shocks that'll help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I just went from P's to LT's and miss the softer ride. Suggestions?