Advice on a 6" lift on a budget.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice on a 6" lift on a budget.

Long time reader (edit: drooler?), but first post on the forum:

Bought a 2006 Extended Cab 4x4 F150 last year, after I finally drove my old 2WD 97 to its grave.
Been slowly upgrading with a limited budget and saving for a suspension lift.

Looking for a 6" lift and to throw on some 35"s.
However, budget is limited and dropping nearly 3000 on a fabtech or such lift is out of the question.
It will see mostly highway miles, but want it for the occasional hunting/fishing etc. when work/grad school allows. (decided it was about time after bottoming out a few weeks ago on a trail which led to leaking power steering fluid)

So far the cheapest decent quality lifts ive seen is the rough country 6" at $1,299.95'
followed by Zone at 1,399.95
any other options for lifters on a budget?

Side question:: How do you feel about buying and installing a used lift kit?

Last edited by DEW72; 06-21-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-21-2015, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DEW72
Long time reader (edit: drooler?), but first post on the forum:

Bought a 2006 Extended Cab 4x4 F150 last year, after I finally drove my old 2WD 97 to its grave.
Been slowly upgrading with a limited budget and saving for a suspension lift.

Looking for a 6" lift and to throw on some 35"s.
However, budget is limited and dropping nearly 3000 on a fabtech or such lift is out of the question.
It will see mostly highway miles, but want it for the occasional hunting/fishing etc. when work/grad school allows. (decided it was about time after bottoming out a few weeks ago on a trail which led to leaking power steering fluid)

So far the cheapest decent quality lifts ive seen is the rough country 6" at $1,299.95'
followed by Zone at 1,399.95
any other options for lifters on a budget?

Side question:: How do you feel about buying and installing a used lift kit?
Both of those lift kits are good quality with your plans for the tuck. Down the road when money allows you can always upgrade them with a pair of full length struts or coil overs to replace the 6" spacer they come with as well.

As for going used, the only things I wouldn't reuse would be the hardware. I'd purchase all new nuts and bolts for the kit.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you can do the installation yourself, combining a 2.5 inch leveling kit and a 3 inch Performance Accessories body lift is a great budget option. This will give you 5.5 inches of lift inexpensively.

Quick Reply: Advice on a 6" lift on a budget.