93 f150 sas info?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 f150 sas info?

I got a set of front and rear axles for free out of a '90 F250 from my grandpa, and a set of front and rear axles for a 79 F250, again for free from my grandpa. The '79's front axle is a Dana 60, with a Dana 70 rear. The 90 f250's are Dana 60 rear and Dana 44 front. Which would be better to use for my sas? The Dana 60/44 pair or the Dana 70/60 pair? Besides having to make leaf mounts and strengthening for the front of my frame, what else would I have to do? Could I use the factory shock mounts or would I need to make new ones? I know I can bolt my tie coming from the pitman arm on both the 44 and 60. Would I be able to use lengthened brake lines for my f150 or would I have to get a set made? Is there any way to make a sway bar work on the front and rear axles or no? ( it would be a quick disconnect ). Could I use my factory drive shafts if I go with about 4" of total lift? Would the stock shafts bolt to the diffs of these axles? So far this is what I have: a set of matching rims that fit both pairs of axles, the axles, drop pitman arm, leafy springs, a portable welder, grinder, drill, portable oxy acetylene torch, and a whole crap load of tools. Before the sas I'm getting the truck in good running condition so I just have to do the work and not mess with the engine

Old 06-18-2015, 10:09 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you go to the top of the page here there is a search function, I'm not trying to be rude. Type sas in the box and there are a few former/inactive members that have done it. User Klitch sticks in my mind, but there are others.

Sounds like a fun project. Take lots of pictures and start a build thread when you do it!

Good luck Here ya go for starters https://www.f150online.com/forums/19...?highlight=sas

Last edited by jgger; 06-18-2015 at 10:20 PM. Reason: added a link.........I think
Old 06-19-2015, 02:59 AM
93 f150 sas info?

Thanks! As soon as I start the build I will be sure to make a build thread

Old 07-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FatNUgly96
I got a set of front and rear axles for free out of a '90 F250 from my grandpa, and a set of front and rear axles for a 79 F250, again for free from my grandpa. The '79's front axle is a Dana 60, with a Dana 70 rear. The 90 f250's are Dana 60 rear and Dana 44 front. Which would be better to use for my sas? The Dana 60/44 pair or the Dana 70/60 pair? Besides having to make leaf mounts and strengthening for the front of my frame, what else would I have to do? Could I use the factory shock mounts or would I need to make new ones? I know I can bolt my tie coming from the pitman arm on both the 44 and 60. Would I be able to use lengthened brake lines for my f150 or would I have to get a set made? Is there any way to make a sway bar work on the front and rear axles or no? ( it would be a quick disconnect ). Could I use my factory drive shafts if I go with about 4" of total lift? Would the stock shafts bolt to the diffs of these axles? So far this is what I have: a set of matching rims that fit both pairs of axles, the axles, drop pitman arm, leafy springs, a portable welder, grinder, drill, portable oxy acetylene torch, and a whole crap load of tools. Before the sas I'm getting the truck in good running condition so I just have to do the work and not mess with the engine
No to take anything away for F150online but go to fullsizebronco they have fourm just for SAS Trucks. I have done a 2000 F150 and a 89 Bronco and it's not that hard if you look at some write ups and have fab. skills. Also go to www.ruffstuffspecialties.com, this place has all the hangers you need for the leaf springs and more.

Old 07-02-2015, 04:08 PM
Former Sponsor
Talking

That's cool. Not every day you see a SAS on these trucks.

Quick Reply: 93 f150 sas info?