Best shocks and coil overs for 6 inch lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best shocks and coil overs for 6 inch lift

I been doing alot of research on shocks and I'm down to 2 options and I'm not able to find really the answer I'm looking for so I thought I'd start a post to try to get some help.

I have a 2012 f150 with the zone 6 inch lift with there black shocks and it rides rough when I hit potholes or or when driving down dirt roads . I'm tired of bracing foe impact when I see a hole in the road I can't avoid. Im wanting to get the smoothest ride I can get in my truck. And I usually don't pull often and if I do its usually not over 5000 pounds if that's a factor. Which option will give me the best smoothest ride in my truck ?

My 2 options I'm down to r the bilisten 5100 and fox 2.0. I have heard nothing but good things on bilistens but I have heard they ride kinda stiff so I'm not sure if it's what I need or not. Also on there coilovers i have heard there adust able 4 to 6 inch but on the 6 inch setting its stiffer . Do they makr one for a 6 to 8 or juse a 6 they will not be stiff?..... I have heard fox 2.0 are great on the trail for the impact of the bumps but Idk about the 1 year warrenty. I want the best smoothest ride but I also don't want the most expensive thing out there like kings. I'm also looking at the coilovers as well I want to do all 4 corners so I can get the best ride possable. What's the best option for me? Please help me out before I jar all my teeth loose lol thanks!

Old 06-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Bilstein's don't make a 6-8" shock, only the 4-6" for a direct swap.

Fox's will give you a lot more adjustabillity to tune the ride to your liking, just like King's, Icon's, or Sway-a-way's would.

I wouldn't worry too much about the warranty for Fox's since they are end-user rebuildable and they get used in a lot more demanding environments than it sounds like you'll be using them for.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Seems like fox would be smoother for the front if I do the coil overs if bilisten don't make a softer 6 inch for the front.....what would be better for the rear shocks for a smoother ride the bilistens or fox ?

Old 06-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by truckin150
Seems like fox would be smoother for the front if I do the coil overs if bilisten don't make a softer 6 inch for the front.....what would be better for the rear shocks for a smoother ride the bilistens or fox ?
Bilsteins are going to be stiffer than oem both front and rear. The fox shocks are going to be however you shim and adjust them. In addition, the spring rate you choose for the front coil overs with the fox's will play a part as well.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:43 PM
I was looking at these coil overs from bds suspensions website for the 6 inch lift.

http://bds-suspension.com/product-di...20coil%20overs

I also have a ranch hand bumper and winch on my truck as well. I know what I want on the ride I just don't know the exact set up I need for it to ride as smooth as I can get it

Quick Reply: Best shocks and coil overs for 6 inch lift