Greasable vs Sealed Components??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 01:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Greasable vs Sealed Components??

So my last bout of suspension work lured me to ask this question. What's all the hype about greasable suspension components?? Are they by nature more durable due to this feature? As much of a clean freak as I am (both on top and underneath), I'm not really digging the greasable sutff No matter what, you're going to get grease coming out the boots when it gets full. And no matter how much you get it cleaned off, it's still gonna make a mess. I've had sealed stuff go bad, but I've never had a boot or anything leak or tear or any of that crap like I've dealt with on greasable stuff. I'm not even convinced they hold up any better than sealed stuff honestly. What's the general consensus on this? Thoughts?

Old 03-29-2015, 05:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greasable is better if you are going to take the time to regular check that they are full of grease. And you don't have to fill them until grease comes bursting out the sides either. When you check them, just squeeze them and if they're firm they're full, otherwise add grease in little increments until they are. Except for the first time I greased mine, I never had the problem of adding too much grease where it's coming out the sides.

But if you aren't going to take the time to check that they are still full, go sealed. Greasable with regular checking will last longer than sealed.

Quick Reply: Greasable vs Sealed Components??