HELP 2000 f150 breaking front end parts!!***********

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP 2000 f150 breaking front end parts!!***********

Hello I have a 2000 F150 with a 2.5" leveling kit rough country and 1"block in back. The front end has 2.5" torsion key and the torsion bars tighten. I now have broken both my cv axles in the past 2 weeks and am not sure what to do. I have the rough country 5" lift kit I was originally going to put on but my brother rolled his truck with a 11" lift so my parents dident want me to put my lift on. But know I'm wondering if I should just put the front end parts of the lift... So 1" lift in back and 5" in front... I know it sounds bad but the front would only sit 2" because I could then loosen my torsion bars right? Would this plan work? And by the way my ball joints went out to. PLEASE help me out on what to do any advice is appreciated

Should I just loosen my tortion bars all the way!? If I do put the 5" in front then I could put a 2" block in back correct?

THANK YOU!

Last edited by Ford797; 10-24-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Talking Pic of truck

Old 10-24-2014, 06:29 PM
Hey, just wanted to let you know I fixed this problem for my friend last night, he has a 97 f150 with 2.5 inch rough country lift with new shocks and leveling kit with U keys and his ball joints fell out of 1 axle as well but both were broken. Turns out we lowered the front torsion bars about half an inch and since then it has been perfect. The thing is, it has so much stress on the axles that it just can't handle it which causes it to basically break everything and it will break even faster in 4 wheel drive. But I'd lower the front about half an inch and see how much stress that took off of it and See how much stress that took off of it and if needed do a little more. What we did was look at the back then on the front and lowered the front to the back so it's still level, but he still has that lift and still a little movement in the shocks so if he drops in a rut then the shocks still have movement so it doesn't put that axle under stress and basically destroy the thing. But try that and let me know how it works.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yep, the aftermarket torsion bar keys allow you to put way, way, way too much preload on your torsion bars. This in turn leaves the CV and ball joints at too severe of an angle to last, as you found out.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:32 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Factory ball joints suck as is and then you want to work them at crazy angles.....

Quick Reply: HELP 2000 f150 breaking front end parts!!***********