Safest procedure for leveling my 2014 f150 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Safest procedure for leveling my 2014 f150 Lariat

Hi guys,
I'm new here. I have a brand new 2014 Lariat super cab. I want to level it out, and maybe put some 33's on it, but I'm worried about doing it the safest way. I saw that rough country has a couple of kits. One was just a 2.5 leveling kit with the spacers. The other one was a 2.5 leveling/lift kit. Rancho has the quick lift shock, but not for the 2014 f150. I don't want to ruin my truck by putting the wrong parts on it. I just want it to have a more aggressive look, and maybe put some slightly bigger tires on it. I don't want a monster tall truck. Any help, or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Oscar45

Old 10-20-2014, 07:29 AM
dmp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Putting the metal spacers on will probably meet your needs fine - There isn't a lot of difference between using the quick-lift shocks because it does effectively the same thing. I would guess the spacers are "safer" because there's nothing really to fail - just a hunk of metal with welds.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Oscar45
Hi guys,
I'm new here. I have a brand new 2014 Lariat super cab. I want to level it out, and maybe put some 33's on it, but I'm worried about doing it the safest way. I saw that rough country has a couple of kits. One was just a 2.5 leveling kit with the spacers. The other one was a 2.5 leveling/lift kit. Rancho has the quick lift shock, but not for the 2014 f150. I don't want to ruin my truck by putting the wrong parts on it. I just want it to have a more aggressive look, and maybe put some slightly bigger tires on it. I don't want a monster tall truck. Any help, or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Oscar45
Park your truck on a flat level surface. Measure from the ground to the center of the fender well. Do this for the front and back. This will let you know what size leveling kit you will need to level out the truck. Now that you have that info, some good brands to choose from are Auto Spring Corp. leveling kits, Hell Bent Steel leveling kits, BDS Suspension leveling kits, ReadyLift leveling kits, and Rough Country Suspension leveling kits. I'll give you the website names for them and just go on each website and see what you think you would like best. All the ones listed are pretty much the same thing. Its a spacer that sits on top of the coil spring. All are steel with powder coat to help prevent against rust except Rough Country. Theirs is some type of polymer, however it is very strong. I used to have one on my truck before I switched to an Auto Spring.

www.autospringcorp.com
www.bds-suspension.com
www.readylift.com
www.roughcountry.com
www.hellbentsteel.com

Old 10-20-2014, 08:43 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi guys,

Thanks guys!

Oscar45
Safest? Leave it alone.

Since we all know that isn't going to happen, keep the increase under 2". Yer geometry and front-end components will thank you later.

You'll also need:

-an alignment
-more money for fuel
-some way to correct fer the mpg, speedo, odo, and shift point errors ( which means a programmer, so that's another ~$400 you will need to spend )

Given the above, is it really worth it - just for a 'look'?

Sorry - I've just never understood this whole 'gotta look tough' thang (who, exactly, are yall posturing fer? ). The only time my truck sits perfectly level is when I tow a few K. Which, incidentally, is just what the designers intended.

Lastly - contact our friendly Rancho rep (member = Rancho Shocks), and ask him fer the timeline on the 2014 release. New struts are still preferred over silly spacers. Wait fer them a spell, at least.

Whatever - yer truck, and I wish you good luck.

Cheers

Last edited by MGDfan; 10-20-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:54 PM
Ok...

Originally Posted by MGDfan
Safest? Leave it alone.

Since we all know that isn't going to happen, keep the increase under 2". Yer geometry and front-end components will thank you later.

You'll also need:

-an alignment
-more money for fuel
-some way to correct fer the mpg, speedo, odo, and shift point errors ( which means a programmer, so that's another ~$400 you will need to spend )

Given the above, is it really worth it - just for a 'look'?

Sorry - I've just never understood this whole 'gotta look tough' thang (who, exactly, are yall posturing fer? ). The only time my truck sits perfectly level is when I tow a few K. Which, incidentally, is just what the designers intended.

Lastly - contact our friendly Rancho rep (member = Rancho Shocks), and ask him fer the timeline on the 2014 release. New struts are still preferred over silly spacers. Wait fer them a spell, at least.

Whatever - yer truck, and I wish you good luck.

Cheers
Ok... I guess I hit a nerve. I like the look of a leveled truck sir. Why does anyone pick out a certain color? Why does anyone pick out a certain trim package?

The reason you felt the need to sort of flame me with your backhanded comments.... Puzzles me.
"Gotta look tough" ??
"Posturing" ?? ... Funny you say that, because that was kind of my impression of you after reading your comments.
Thanks to KMF, and dmp for attempting to help. It was appreciated.
Wow, this was my first post. Probably the last.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:15 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Ok... I guess I hit a nerve. I like the look of a leveled truck sir. Why does anyone pick out a certain color? Why does anyone pick out a certain trim package?

The reason you felt the need to sort of flame me with your backhanded comments.... Puzzles me.
"Gotta look tough" ??
"Posturing" ?? ... Funny you say that, because that was kind of my impression of you after reading your comments.
Seriously?

This is an adult truck forum - as such, it helps to have a tad thicker skin, a sense of humour and a modicum of tolerance.

I merely offered my opinion. And pointed out the obvious risks. And a good contact. And even well-wishes!

What more do you need? A box of kleenex? Are ye a Millennial perhaps? Sorry - if yer looking fer hand-holding, Fisher-Price is down the street.....

Good grief.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:04 PM

"Gotta look tough" ??
This really is the best F-150 website on the internet. Don't let that be your last post. There's a lot of good people on here who are always there to offer good info on any questions you have.

Quick Reply: Safest procedure for leveling my 2014 f150 Lariat