extended upper control arms?

Old 01-08-2014, 01:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
extended upper control arms?

I have a 2001 2wd f150. I put a 7.5" fabtech lift on it and im having issues with alignment due to tire/wheel combo. I liked the old extended A-arm 7.5" lift fabtech used to do, but who knows why, they redesigned it as a crossmember lift. I hate it. My last 7.5 a-arm lift i had from them let me clear 37x13.50s on a 10" wide wheel. Thats not the case with the redesigned lift. I had to put 1" spacers on the front to clear that wide of a tire and my control arms are adjusted all the way out and wont hold alignment, due to the leverage and the geometry of the suspension being all f-ed up. Does anyone know where i can get extended upper control arms that will sit more "center pocket"? Or a spindle compatable with that lift with "more swoop" out to the hub? Will that even fix my issue? Or should I ditch the lift and sell it to someone who only wants to run a 295 wide tire on a 8" wide max rim?

Old 01-08-2014, 01:54 AM
That lift is made for a 35x12.50 on 8" wide rim with 4.5" of backspacing iirc according to the fabtech site. So it can run a 315 width tire... But anyways to answer your question, yes there is longer aftermarket controls arms. Springtech, Canuck motorsports, doestch all have them, there may be more, that's just what I have off the top of my head.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:04 AM
I understand and thank you for the help. My situation is that I'm running 4.5" fiberglass fenders and with the spacers, the tire currently sits at the edge of the fender (the way I like it) anything smaller than a 37 and more narrow than a 13.5 will look silly with this lift/fender combo.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: extended upper control arms?