Go Back   F150online Forums > Powertrain & Mechanical > Suspension
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Suspension SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 08-15-2001, 10:32 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1997 Ford F150
Send a message via AIM to streetcrusier
Question Anyone with the Fabtech 4.5 or 7.5 inch long travel lift?

Hello all,
I was looking in to turning my F-150 into a prerunner and I really like the look of the Fabtech 4.5" or 7.5" long travel kits. Do any of you use them, if so, what size tire do you run. How does it handle on road, and how does it ride? I have driven my lowered F-150 now for more than 4 years, and I am looking for a change. Any suggestions and help would be great.
Old 08-15-2001, 11:45 PM
Garage is empty, add now

If you want to save 40 to 50 percent on your lift you might check AIM out

http://www.truckn.com/
Fabtech Springs
Aim Rear Hanger Kit Plus 2" Blocks
Rancho Shocks
Mickey Thompson MTX 285's
Elite Wheels
Kenwood MP3 Player
Kenwood EQ/Crossover
Pioneer 50x4 Amp
Kicker component 5x7's
Old 08-16-2001, 01:19 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Hey Streetcruiser, how do you like your AIM stuff? I have been looking at them for a while as an alternative to the Fabtech stuff. Please let me know if you installed the stuff yourself, which types of shocks you used, and what exactly you used to lift the back, how the hangers work with the blocks, etc. Thanks!
Old 08-16-2001, 02:25 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Hey CR1 I think you were replying to me,but anyway I love the AIM stuff!I had a problem with the Fabtech leveling kit I bought. The alignment shop said their was not enough adjustment left to align the front end and after calling Fabtech about the problem they said their was nothing they could do.THEY LEFT ME HANGING
with a truck that could not be aligned.Anyway I called AIM to see if their upper c-arms could solve my alignment problems , they said they would and they were right . I installed the arms easily and had the alignment done with no problem.I was impressed with the help I got from AIM so when I was ready for a spindle lift I called them first.I bought the spindles for $249 and they went on with only one small problem , the directions were not to clear on how to modify and mount the brake sheilds but a quick call to AIM solved that problem.The rear hangers mount in reverse of the stock ones meaning the shackles hang down instead of up therefore giving you about 2 1/2 inches of lift.AIM says 4" but I got only 2 1/2 that why I used the blocks.
Fabtech Springs
Aim Rear Hanger Kit Plus 2" Blocks
Rancho Shocks
Mickey Thompson MTX 285's
Elite Wheels
Kenwood MP3 Player
Kenwood EQ/Crossover
Pioneer 50x4 Amp
Kicker component 5x7's
Old 08-17-2001, 04:54 AM
Garage is empty, add now

I see...Thank you for the information, dwdodd.
Old 08-21-2001, 01:14 AM
Garage is empty, add now

I run the 7.5" lift and I've never had any problems with aligning it or in any other areas. It rides great and plus it allows you to run dual front shocks.
Old 08-21-2001, 01:14 AM