Rough Country 6" with Bilstein Lift shocks Strength?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 09:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rough Country 6" with Bilstein Lift shocks Strength?

Hey all, so i am looking at POSSIBLY getting the RCX 6" lift and swapping out the 6" block in the front for the 4-6" bilstein lift shocks.. I know there is a guy around here somewheres that did this and it worked great, but my question is how would this setup hold up under some abuse? I plan on using my truck mostly for some Mild offroad such as mudding, trails, etc. and dont want to have to worry about it driving it down to florida from Iowa when i get back from Afghanistan in july.

If you guys have some other suggestions on poss. lifts that will cost about the same as this setup, ~1700, i am open to suggestions.. i would spend more on the lift, but i have to buy wheels and thats another 4-500 bucks.. so would like to keep wheels/lift under 2-2200K if at all possible or ill have to wait a while before i get the lift.

Thanks for the advice guys!

James

Old 05-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Procomp stage I is around that price. Im not sure what they use on the front lift. mine is a stage II with the adjustable coilovers in the front.

Old 05-14-2011, 12:05 PM
procomp uses the huge 6" spacer just like the RCX does.. so i would not be able to get the Bilsteins right away..

Wonder which is better.. Procomp stage 1 vs RCX vs Fabtech stage 1..

Old 05-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Here it seems like fabtech is a popular lift. I cant speak on the quaility as ive never owned any but the procomp and its not on the truck yet. But everything looks nice the coilovers look awesome. There a quite a few guys here running the procomps as well. hopefully some smarter guys will give you some advice. Just wait for it and you will see RIZE! haha I bought mine from fx4forlife79 for a good price. check the classifieds also

Old 06-14-2011, 11:59 PM
ive got a 6" from full traction with a 6" spacer and bilstein 2" leveling struts. my upper control arms rub on the springs and my cv angles are a nightmare. but aside from that its a better ride than most cars ive been in.

Quick Reply: Rough Country 6" with Bilstein Lift shocks Strength?