lift kits vs lift systems

Old 01-26-2011, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lift kits vs lift systems

Hey Guys,

I was just looking in to some different 6" lifts and just found out there's a difference between lift kits and lift systems. It seems the lift systems come with replacement rear leaf springs, where as kits often times come with blocks. I'm just wondering if you guys have blocks or systems, and how smooth or rough the ride is considering those differences.

Thanks guys!

Old 01-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by KosherCocoa
Hey Guys,

I was just looking in to some different 6" lifts and just found out there's a difference between lift kits and lift systems. It seems the lift systems come with replacement rear leaf springs, where as kits often times come with blocks. I'm just wondering if you guys have blocks or systems, and how smooth or rough the ride is considering those differences.

Thanks guys!
Sounds more like marketing terms than anything.

Lift springs are not smoother, but they control axle wrap better. Unless you are making a lot of torque and you have a heavy right foot it's a non-issue.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:13 PM
yeah, from what I've seen the lift systems do seem to run more than the kits. Sounds like you're right...marketing. I just wanted to make sure before I even considered dropping an extra few hundred for that difference between springs and blocks.

Thanks

Old 01-28-2011, 02:14 AM
Originally Posted by KosherCocoa
yeah, from what I've seen the lift systems do seem to run more than the kits. Sounds like you're right...marketing. I just wanted to make sure before I even considered dropping an extra few hundred for that difference between springs and blocks.

Thanks
If you're looking for a good deal on a 6 inch, read Swazo's thread on the build with a Trail Master kit. He got a smokin' deal on one with a front driveshaft and full replacement struts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lift kits vs lift systems