rear end leaking?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 10:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ridinonmoto17s
yeah that's what he called it. haha and i meant drive 'shaft' not line. i'm going to pick it up tomorrow as well as install my leveling kit since hes a real good buddy of mine he's gunna let me use one of his lifts to install it. we shall see if it fixes it. i also had a hose going to one of my smaller intercoolers leak at the clamp, plus were going to go ahead and change the fuel pump as it's just starting to go bad we think. first time it's been in the shop and it's an 04. not to bad i dont think.
Being its an 04, things do wear out so hopefully thats your problem. Double check the vent tube for a clog. While your under there might want to check the condition of your U joints, might be a good time for a needed PM. As for the fuel pump, what makes you think its going bad?

Old 12-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by mdhawkin
Being its an 04, things do wear out so hopefully thats your problem. Double check the vent tube for a clog. While your under there might want to check the condition of your U joints, might be a good time for a needed PM. As for the fuel pump, what makes you think its going bad?
it gets HORRIBLE gas mileage and if im in the throttle and let off and hit my breaks like for a stop light it just surges and dies like it runs outta gas then it takes a couple cranks(longer than usual) to get it started. and how do you check the vent tube? but yeah things like this is expected with age. i'm only 17 so i dont have a whole lot of knowledge when it comes to mechanical problems i'm not stupid tho. lol i mostly learn as i go on these new trucks.

Old 12-30-2010, 07:24 PM
i looked and he actually replaced the fuel filter not the pump. i must have misread the text he sent me. but its all leveled out now and as soon as the plastic clip for the line leading to the filter gets put on tomorrow(the old one dry-rotted) i'll be able to test er' out and see how she runs. i need to put a muffler on it to build up some back pressure though which should help a little bit

Quick Reply: rear end leaking?