PLZ HELP! Bumper height issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLZ HELP! Bumper height issue

I'm in illinois where the law says 27" front & 29" rear. I have a 6" Fabtech sus with a 3" PA BL sitting on 37's driving an '02 screw FX4.

I was pulled over today but let go cuz I named dropped - just so happens the town I was stopped in was my old stomping grounds and I guess I knew enough of the right people..plus the cop was pretty cool.

I know its only a matter of time b4 it happens again though.

I dropped my front bumper to accomodate the 27" but thats not so easy with the rear and I DONT really want a 2 or 3 inch gap anyway.

Right now I'm sitting at 31" in the rear.

Does anyone know either A) A good way to drop the rear without it looking totally gay B) A good fabricator in Ill that can work some magic or C) An AFFORDABLE aftermarket bumper that is at least two inches lower than factory that will work with my 3" PA and lift?

Thanks in advance!!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've seen pics of trucks that had metal work added to the OEM bumpers to meet bumper height requirements. Out back you could weld metal to the receiver hitch and say it's part of the bumper. I don't know if that would fly but it's just a thought. I wonder if one of those steps that looks like a nerf bar that plugs into the receiver hitch would qualify as a bumper?

Old 02-10-2011, 10:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another thought. I've seen pics of trucks with grill guards mounted upside down to get past bumper height laws. Since you are close, a Westin bull bar may work mounted in it's standard position.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man i feel for you people with lift laws thats just dumb.

Quick Reply: PLZ HELP! Bumper height issue