Combining a 6" suspension with a coil spacer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 02:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Combining a 6" suspension with a coil spacer?

Hello all,

I have a 2008 F150 FX4+ super crew. It has a 6" Pro Comp suspension lift in it, and I am running 35" Mickey Thompson Mud terrains. I have been contemplating on combining my 6" suspension lift and a 1.5" coil spacer and some add a leafs to get a total of close to 8" lift. I don't want to do a body lift!! I was just curious how much the drive line angles change? Having any problems? I have read a few threads that some people are tearing there boots like crazy, and I am unsure if they have the 3" coil spacer, that maybe puts it to extreme of angle compared to the 1.5" coil spacer. Any help would be much appreciated. Also with about 7.5" of lift what size tires would you recommend? I have seen a back tire come up, and hit the corner of the wheel well on F150 with a 8" Rize and 37" and crimped his box

Old 01-17-2010, 11:02 AM
I'm running that set up. Only problem is drive shaft angle is way off.. Oh and IMO a block is cheaper easier and rides better

Old 01-17-2010, 11:05 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Which Pro Comp lift do you have? The Stage one with the 6 inch spacer and OEM coilovers or the Stage two with the MX6 coilovers? If you have the stage 2, you can just crank up the preload on them to add extra height up front. Some people believe that stacking a leveling kit on top of the 6 inch spacer in the Stage 1 kit is a bad idea. A better option would be to replace the OEM coilovers with Bilstien OEM replacements which feature adjustable spring preload for stock height, 1 inch lift or 2 inches of lift.
Also, almost everyone agrees that 3 inches is too much lift for a leveling kit. 2.5 inches is the max I would go so your angels should be fine with a 1.5 inch spacer.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:46 AM
i was wondering because i am putting my HBS 3 inch in the front with my 6inch procomp .... also got lift shackles and an add a leaf for the rear for another 4.5 in the rear to get rid of the cali lean but how much longer of a shock do i need over stock for that much lift in the back ??

Old 01-17-2010, 09:43 PM
I been having a 6" Procomp with a 2.5" spacer on front and in the rear have a 5.5" Tuff Country block, AAL and a shim to help out with my drive shaft.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the reply's guys. I have the Pro Comp stage 1 kit. It sounds like it really puts the drive shaft angle out not just the cv joints. Do you guys know if putting your angles at that extreme of angles will affect the warranty of the truck? I bought the truck brand new off the lot lifted already and they had told me when I bought it that the truck has 100% warranty because Ford put it in. What does the Rize kit do for the rear of the truck? Does it lift the rear a true 8" or 6" and 8" in the front?

Quick Reply: Combining a 6" suspension with a coil spacer?