Popping noise in front end.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 06:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same problem, but only noticeable when the weather is cold. When warm, no noise. Just had it in to the dealer - spent $1500 on trailing arms, sway bar links and sway bar bushings. Better, but not fixed. I don't want to pull a trailer like I will need to do next week with it this way because it sounds serious, but no one can figure it out (this was the third time in to two different dealers). Just keep changing parts and charging me. Thanks!

Old 01-10-2010, 03:32 AM
well I just figured out how to check the ball joints correctly. I was replacing a bad tie rod and did the standard shakedown check( grab tire and shake it up and down, left and right), with the truck lifted by the a arms and it was all tight. Then I stuck a bar under the tire and lifted up, and BAM! Found both my lower ball joints were toast and popping! I will get them replaced and let you kknow if the noise is gone.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm having the same popping sound. I've changed the upper control arm, and lower ball joints. I haven't been able to track it down, and I can't get it to repeat. Anyone with knowledge of this please help.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by wandell
I'd guess the tie rod ends or swaybar end links.
this. I experience the same sort of noise the OP is claiming almost every other year and its always one of these two. If anyone knows of an aftermarket solution to beef up this area of the suspension im all ears.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:34 AM
Is there anyone out there that can help me with this popping sound from my front end? I've changed the lower ball joints and upper control arms.

Old 09-05-2021, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Thumper3
Can't help directly, but this one seems to be requiring a two-man diagnosis. One to listen and feel components for the source and one to bounce the suspension.
I have 2006 f-150 lariat 2wd and it’s making a popping noise and I thought it was sway bar link then the cv axle thingy that looks like that but step dad got me to hold breaks and hey it’s the damn brakes making a bad loud pooping noise when turning right I’ll be back in a week to let you know more details and thx for all the post

Old 09-05-2021, 09:34 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by B/rad
I have 2006 f-150 lariat 2wd and it’s making a popping noise and I thought it was sway bar link then the cv axle thingy that looks like that but step dad got me to hold breaks and hey it’s the damn brakes making a bad loud pooping noise when turning right I’ll be back in a week to let you know more details and thx for all the post
I've been fooled quite a few times over the years by strange noises.

Quick Reply: Popping noise in front end.