4inch Rancho Lift Kit

Old 08-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4inch Rancho Lift Kit

I am going to be installing this kit on my 04 lariat. If anyone has the kit please post pictures. Also where is the cheapest place to buy it. How hard is it to install it yourself and if you had it done does $550 bucks sound like a decent install price.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:37 PM

are you space constricted ? meaning park in a garage , etc....

personally i do not think its worth the money to have an inch or two height over a leveling kit.

you can get a 6" for the same price , if not cheaper

Old 09-01-2009, 01:12 PM
IDNC76 How much back spacing are you running?

Leveled or lifted?

I agree the Rancho dosen't seem that much higher then a leveled truck.

Leveled I'm running 325/60/20's so even with a 6 inch lift I can't go much bigger tire wise with out gears...

My plus to the Rancho is the fact you can run factory wheels something I'd like to be able to do.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rcarrigan4
I am going to be installing this kit on my 04 lariat. If anyone has the kit please post pictures. Also where is the cheapest place to buy it. How hard is it to install it yourself and if you had it done does $550 bucks sound like a decent install price.
Other than my truck, search profiles for the following members that I know have the Rancho lift (I am sure there are more):
Copenhagen848, VTHokie, ColonelBlue, Gatorbait10, ATOM and scapesinc.

I know that jhndere just had his kit installed but hasn't posted pics yet.

Sure you can install a 3" leveling kit to make it about 1" to 2" closer to the Rancho's nearly 5" lift, but will your uca and cv angles look like these?

Upper control arm/balljoint:

CV shaft:

The answer is "no" but that may not matter to you. Or you can do what I was GOING to do which is go with a mild 2" leveling kit then 3" body lift. To make it look right, you have to do everything that IDNC76 did which includes gap guards and the 2wd chin spoiler. I like my Rancho lift and highly recommend it.

Old 09-01-2009, 04:43 PM
I personaly love all the trucks mentioned bellow!!

VT's and StoveTops where two that started my quest for a Rancho lift.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I agree you can get a basic Fabtech for as much as a Rancho or a Pro Comp for even less, but sometimes you may not want that extra 2" and that's a tough decision to make. I use my bed often and every time I load something big I find myself saying I'm so glad I didn't get a 6" kit! I didn't even consider Rancho until I was parked at a light in DE and saw a truck with it across from me. It was the look I wanted. I picked up my Rancho for $1,800 on sale, shipped, with shocks. I thought that was a pretty good deal. Plus most of the other kits state the stock wheels won't work, but I was able to use the stock 20's, which I like very much, so that was a big savings there also.

I had a 2.5" leveling kit on before and I think there is quite a difference, but I was also running my stock tires with that leveling kit. I remember the first time I got in my truck after the lift, you know how you get that muscle memory of how high you have to lift your leg to get in the truck.... well, I came up a little short and was moving too fast up into the truck.. didn't quite make it in! Also, I tore a CV boot with my 2.5" leveling kit and I've heard a few others do the same. I don't even take my truck offroad. I felt much better getting a suspension kit that kept my angles the same.

I installed the kit in my garage with some friends. It was the second lift I'd put on a truck, plus I've done a lot of suspension work on other cars, so it did seem pretty easy to install. It could possibly be a little overwhelming if you don't wrench much and you're installing it in the driveway on jackstands. Here is a link to some pics of the install: Rancho Install

Old 09-02-2009, 02:19 PM
4inch lift

Where did you get the kit for $1800. Did the kit come with back shocks, did you only have to buy new front shocks or what. And i dont want a 6 inch lift so i am either going to get the rancho if i can get it for a good price or just get a rough country 4inch. But can you give me a link of the shocks you got up front and in the back.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:19 PM
I got it from 4wheelparts.com. I caught it on sale with free shipping. It came with the adjustable shocks (front and rear). I just tried to go there to post a link, but it looks like they have their online catalog a little messed up once you narrow down on the Rancho lift kits. I would check back later or give them a call. When I bought it (which was almost two years ago) they put together the Rancho kits (available in red or black) with three different shock options. I picked the one with the adjustable shocks.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:49 PM
body lift

I am planning on adding a 3" body lift to my truck. I have a 2006 F150. Is it easy to do yourself?

Old 09-02-2009, 09:55 PM
i just installed it myself its great if its brand new because you have everything ready to go. you will need another set of hands for a few things though. make sure you have the production date on your truck when purchasing or they might send you the wrong brake lines... happened to me i had to rig them and bend them :/

good luck! look at my previous threads for pics

Old 09-03-2009, 08:37 PM
I am going to be running 35's on the 4inch lift. Do you have to rear gear or what i am going to have exaust, cold air intake, custom tunes, ex.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:47 PM
no the tunes will give you extra power and help ALOT with those tires and the transmissions shift points custom tuning is highly recommended on this forum.

Old 09-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by VTHokieF150
I remember the first time I got in my truck after the lift, you know how you get that muscle memory of how high you have to lift your leg to get in the truck.... well, I came up a little short and was moving too fast up into the truck.. didn't quite make it in!

One of these days I'll get around to getting a Rancho lift.

- NCSU

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4inch Rancho Lift Kit