installed ranch and 1.5 inch in the front and rear

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
installed ranch and 1.5 inch in the front and rear

the truck needs to get aligned so i cant drive it i didn't try to get it close. anyways i have a few pictures here its a 2004 f150 4x4 5.4L i installed a autospring 1.5 inch leveling kit on top of the strut and a shorter shackle in the rear to give me another 1.5 inches in the rear to hopefully level it out, looks like i might need a bit more but we will see after the alignment and i drive it around. also for reference the truck next to it is a 99 ranger with a 3 inch body lift and 31/10.5/15's.

any questions comments are welcome, thanks for looking.

Old 08-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Another thing i might add the tires are 33/13.5/18's the are about 80% worn and i think they look really out of place on my truck now, they look too small and too wide...also my angles are MUCH better compared to when i had the 3inch leveling kit.

Last edited by scapesinc; 08-16-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:02 PM

and here is one before the lift with only the leveling.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Do you know exactly how much lift the shackles gave you?

Old 08-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by LoneRanger93
Do you know exactly how much lift the shackles gave you?
you know unfortunately i did not measure it was 6:30 getting dark and i went to install them fast and bang it out.. so i just threw them in only took about 20-30 minutes. i could measure from the center of my wheel to the top of the fender if you would like. i only have the shackle and rancho 4 inch block.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:30 AM
Originally Posted by scapesinc
you know unfortunately i did not measure it was 6:30 getting dark and i went to install them fast and bang it out.. so i just threw them in only took about 20-30 minutes. i could measure from the center of my wheel to the top of the fender if you would like. i only have the shackle and rancho 4 inch block.
Sure if you got the number handy, was just wondering because I am perfectly level but want to get a little bit more out of the rear and was considering those shackles

Old 08-17-2009, 09:55 AM
the shackles give you a 1.5 inch lift

Old 08-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to see more pics from the side and front! I am also shocked to see that UCA and CV angles w/ just a 1.5" AS. With my Rancho, my UCA and CV are completely neutral, but prior to my lift, when I had the 2" AS, my CV looked like yours does now. I was hoping that when I add the 1.5" that my CV angles would be better (or not as bad). I guess the cost and ease to install the 1.5" AS makes it worth a giving it a shot.
But more pics please!

Old 08-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by shifty219
the shackles give you a 1.5 inch lift
I understand they are listed at 1.5" lift and was curious since I've seen guys only net about half that after install.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by LoneRanger93
I understand they are listed at 1.5" lift and was curious since I've seen guys only net about half that after install.
yea dose not seem to be that way or else it Would be level i am a full inch lower in the rear

Old 08-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by StoveTop
I have to see more pics from the side and front! I am also shocked to see that UCA and CV angles w/ just a 1.5" AS. With my Rancho, my UCA and CV are completely neutral, but prior to my lift, when I had the 2" AS, my CV looked like yours does now. I was hoping that when I add the 1.5" that my CV angles would be better (or not as bad). I guess the cost and ease to install the 1.5" AS makes it worth a giving it a shot.
But more pics please!

i will try to find a Stock truck to park next to...so you want jsut pictures of the side and of the front or anything specific?

and lone ranger i will get you the exact number from center of the wheel to the top of each fender...

Old 08-19-2009, 10:19 PM
So i measured the rear and i measured the front. the front is 29.5 inch's and the rear is 28 inch's.

i am really upset about it i think i will have to get a 4 inch block or something because i want a slight rake and the rancho kit came with a 2.5 inch i believe...
any one have a good site to get a 4 inch block with U-bolts? it was not clear on 4 wheel parts...

Old 08-20-2009, 01:06 PM
So i measured the rear and i measured the front. the front is 29.5 inch's and the rear is 28 inch's.

i am really upset about it i think i will have to get a 4 inch block or something because i want a slight rake and the rancho kit came with a 2.5 inch i believe...
any one have a good site to get a 4 inch block with U-bolts? it was not clear on 4 wheel parts...
Autospring makes a 3" block...be sure to get a block with the double-pin setup: Autospring Rear Block link

The OEM block is 1 5/8" so stacked, you have slightly over 4.5 inches in the rear. My truck sits perfectly with a slight rake. Rather than stack blocks (which is what I've done), I suggest getting a lift shackle (which I also have done) and replace the OEM block. My shackle is sitting in my garage and to be honest, I have NO idea when I will get around to installing it so don't wait on me. The other route is going w/ an add-a-leaf, but I was concerned that the rear would be too stiff. Finally, you can go with an air bag set up... this is my preferred method as I now will be towing a boat. I am in no hurry to go this route as my truck does not sag very much when towing, but I will eventually.

Where are you located again? San Mateo?

Old 08-20-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by StoveTop
Autospring makes a 3" block...be sure to get a block with the double-pin setup: Autospring Rear Block link

The OEM block is 1 5/8" so stacked, you have slightly over 4.5 inches in the rear. My truck sits perfectly with a slight rake. Rather than stack blocks (which is what I've done), I suggest getting a lift shackle (which I also have done) and replace the OEM block. My shackle is sitting in my garage and to be honest, I have NO idea when I will get around to installing it so don't wait on me. The other route is going w/ an add-a-leaf, but I was concerned that the rear would be too stiff. Finally, you can go with an air bag set up... this is my preferred method as I now will be towing a boat. I am in no hurry to go this route as my truck does not sag very much when towing, but I will eventually.

Where are you located again? San Mateo?

yes san mateo... but im saying i already have the 2.5inch block that came with the kit AND the rear Lift shackle and its not enough it still sits really low i took some pictures i will upload in a bit so you can see.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:14 PM
yes san mateo... but im saying i already have the 2.5inch block that came with the kit AND the rear Lift shackle and its not enough it still sits really low i took some pictures i will upload in a bit so you can see.
I see...my fault, I didn't read your post well enough.
The trick is finding a tapered 4" or taller block with the double alignment pin setup.
I found a few links:
http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/CSS-F14-4.html
http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTSBK52.html
http://www.jackit.com/blocks/blocks.htm

You need to verify the double alignment pins and material...stay away from aluminium

I just sent an email to AutoSpring to see if they can custom make a block and will post when AutoSpring gets back to me.

The other alternative is going with an AAL. Install it, then call it a day.

Last edited by StoveTop; 08-20-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: installed ranch and 1.5 inch in the front and rear