How true are Leveling Kits?

Old 06-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How true are Leveling Kits?

What's up everyone...new to the site and looking at all the trucks has me motivated to get to work. I have a question about leveling my 2007 FX4 Supercrew. When I measure from ground to top of the wheel well on front and back their is exactly a 2 inch difference. The local truck place is telling me to put on a 3 inch leveling kit. I do NOT want it to be toe high and want it to be as exact as possible. If I put on the 3 inch leveling kit will it raise exactly 3 inches or over time does it settle in. Bottom line...what size leveling kit do I want to make it "level".

Old 06-18-2009, 09:47 AM
You will want a 2" leveling kit. The truck will not settle any more than it already has from new. My truck was just a hair over 3" difference and the 2.5" kit was perfect for me. If the truck is truly level it will appear nose high just a bit even though it truly isn't. Maybe look at other pictures of later model Screws leveled and get an idea. Heck maybe even a 1.5" kit would suit you well. Or do the front 2.5" and get a taller block or AAL. But don;t get a 3" leveling kit, it puts the CVs and ball joints at very extreme angles.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree. Stay away from the 3 inch leveling kits.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:36 PM
That is what I thought but didn't know if I was making it too simple. Any major trends in Leveling Kits that I need to know about...ex. stay away from a certain manufacturer, etc.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:34 PM
They are all about the same. However, some (like Ready Lift) are way, way overpriced. A lot of members here have the Autospring kits.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Not to beat a dead horse, but I have a 3" level kit, my truck seems to sit dead-level, but because of the bigger fenderwells up front, it appears front end high. My control arm and CV axle are like they said, not at the best angle. I plan to weigh everything down with a winch and grill guard setup shortly though, then I'll see about switching to a smaller kit. But I would advise staying away from the 3" kit.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:14 PM
You may be the exception. If you are gonna add a heavy grille guard and winch, it's probably gonna make your front end squat at least 1/2 so your angles would be about the same as most people with a 2.5 inch kit, if that makes sense. Just don't forget to get a front end alignment after you add the grill guard and winch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How true are Leveling Kits?