07 expy suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 01:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 expy suspension

ok, so I think I found the new suv we're gonna get, I REALLY would prefer one of the off white 07+ limiteds but that's out of the price range I'm looking to spend if I didn't have two current $400+ car payments I would, BUT since I do I'm really looking for like $300 or less, so I found this epxy for 19,5 it's an 07+ 2wd and says dual front airbags and I'm wondering does the back have that as well? and can I use it to drop or raise the suv like an adjustable coilover? and does it have on board air compressor?

really not too into 2wds but I have to say I think it could look pretty trick with the right setup. figure 22"+ wheels possibly black or black/machine, if I go with 22" I'll possibly get 33" MTs if larger just straight street tires as MTs will start going up stupidly in price actually they'll be retarded expensive either way but I want it nic. with some 5% tint all around, I do my own stereo's and it'll be RETARDED within the 1st two weeks as I have most of the gear ready to go into whatever suv we do get (4 xp1400ds which are underrated and strappable good for 1800+each rms and I've run them as low as .7ohms strapped daily) a pair of AQ HD3 15"s a maxxlink and a small pile of optima yellow tops. touchscreen upfront I'm thinking alpine as I had a problem with the JVC kw-avx820 already which is this years model and it's non working after 2 months probably a large say 20" flipdown I probably a gamecube as we have two with wireless controls dedicated for vehicle use as well as another inverter just waiting to be installed. I may pop the headlights and paint them black kinda like a limited's as well as get 6k HIDs for low beams and probably 4300 fogs get rid of the chrome grill/paint it or see if there's a sick aftermarket full replacement. probably an edge programmer intake, headers, exhaust maybe more.

my truck (titan) has a pretty big mod list so it's not just wishful thinking here... I got about 5.5" lift front 4.5" rear, 35x20 toyo MTs, black titan 6 wheels, n-fab steps, 5% tint, rain gaurds, supposed to be getting the HIDs (was supposed to get them LAST week but the guy never got back to me, local dealer for these new all in one balast/bulb HIDs) dvd/tv, gamecube, 3 way active front stage using SLS 8" midbass IB in front doors 4" morel made xtant mids in glass pods at a-pillars (rainbow cal25 based tweets in doors) all run off an old school Audio Art 260.6XE amp, wet okole custom covers front and back including center console/flip up seat. intake, TBS, longtube headers (in shipping transit to me should be here this week) programmer and exhaust. substage is always changing and currently I have a small army of subs sitting and I'm waiting to do a box for under my lifted rear seat but I've been lazy... I'm sure I forgot stuff, but I'm not here to post about my truck, just really look up the 07 suspension and see what all I can do to it to give it a really aggressive look I'm wanting. I've got the stereo covered as well as headlights possibly get some LED euro black tails so they match and not sure on a few other little things, but for sure wheels/tires, tint and grill are priority for me as I want to improve the way it looks which isn't bad, but I don't like rolling stock... here's a pic of my truck pretty recently, I lost the light covers in a car wash and pulled the truck box as I like the way it looks more without it lol.

this is the expy I want to buy,

I think the black will match the black I'll be adding to it. can't wait, gonna be parking my truck at home when we get it setup right LOL. love my truck but really think I will be enjoying the new toy once it's setup the way I want... here's my wife's car that we're ditching, as it's too small, it is turbo so that's nice and I run a nice stereo in it usually, but just too small and I'm not much of a car person, I hate when she asks me to borrow my truck it drives me nuts...

vid of her stereo last stereo setup which I can run in either vehicle and I think u can see my other from there. the expy will be closer to how loud my old car was (A SHET TON louder than her car)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=43653858

her car is stock mechanically as once I poped the hood and did the stereo I realized I hate european vehicles and had no desire to work on it ever...

anywAY, any insight on the airbag adjustability and such would be great and I'm guessing it must not be hard to swap it to a more adjustable setup and get on-board air going all after market anyway if I can't adjust it as much as I want

Old 05-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice rides. I think that when the add said "dual front airbags" they were refering to the safety devices, not the suspension. I say this because the Expy was available with airbag suspension, but it was on all four corners. They are pretty easy to spot because they sit (parked) about 2 inches lower than the other Expy's. I also beleive this suspension was only available on the Eddie Bauer and Limited Expys.
As for fitment, you can fit 33's stock. I'm running 305/45-22's (33x12.50). THe OEM 265/70-17's are basically a 32x10.50 tire. If you want an offroad look you can add 2 or 2.5 inch Autospring spacers to each coilover shock and fit 33's easily on a more aggressively offset offroad style wheel.

Old 05-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
--ALL POWER......Steering, Windows, Mirrors, Locks
--A 6-way Power Drivers Seat
--Trailer -towing capability with class 3 hitch for 9200 lbs.
--Advance Trac with the Anti-Skid System and rollover sensors
--Curtain Side Airbags for ALL THREE ROWS; includes Rollover deployment
--Dual Front Airbags and 4Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes
--AM/FM/CD/MP3 Player
--Theft Deterrent System with Keyless Remote
--Roof Rails
--Running Boards
--Full size Spare
--Alloy Wheels
--Rear Privacy Glass

yeah, it confused me as it was listed with the anti-lock brakes. which is also kinda silly because it really isn't an option on most up to date vehicles have it so really it's practically industry standard like a horn lol. ok, well, if it were 4wd I'd be more interested in getting a rize 8" kit, but they don't offer one for the 07 up and it's only 2wd, so I MAY end up just doing a street look... still not SET on getting this expy as I do enjoy 4wd. but we'll see.

Quick Reply: 07 expy suspension