camber/caster bolt question. they keep moving...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
camber/caster bolt question. they keep moving...

so, i have the upper control arm camber/caster bolts installed on my 01 screw. i have had it align a couple of times for various reason. but it seems that anytime i go off road or over any really bumpy roads my driver's side just seems to keep getting out of wack and getting too much negative camber.

the passenger's side is always fine. the second time i got it aligned, i even made sure the nuts on the camber bolts were really tight, apparently that made no difference.

are there any camber/caster bolts for this truck that lock like the factory style fixed version. i want to be able to adjust them and then be be able to lock them there so the will NOT move.

does anyone else have any problems with these adjustable camber/caster bolts?? it is very annoying to have it set right and then after about a couple of weeks or so...neg. camber again.

thanks for the help, even though i don't seem to find time to contribute to this site other than ask questions. my apologizes for that.

later,

Hank

Old 05-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that is exactly the problem w/ eccentric cam bolts. they are loose, and therefore give you more slack to achieve alignment. however, they cause the problems you are describing. is there any reason you couldn't align w/ the non-eccentric oem bolts?

Old 05-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i wish, but i put leveling springs in the front and that will create negative camber if i put the OEM back in. i had the non adjustable with the locking washers before i put these in. i have to say the passenger's side is fine, but the this driver's side is a PITA! i hate these dang things. almost want to put then in the right place and weld the washer in place so i wont move.

Quick Reply: camber/caster bolt question. they keep moving...