leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
leveling kit

im getting ready to make the purchase i want to go as much as i can in the front should i go 2.5 or 3 i heard the three is bad on ur truck also i see everyone has as behind the number what is this what brand do u recommend and all pics are welcome thanks im ready to start building my dream truck

Old 04-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Go with the 2.5, the 3 will give your ball joints a hard time. The AS you see stands for Autospring, which is a manufacture of leveling kits. Their website is www.autospringcorp.com you can buy their kits off ebay. I recently installed the 2.5 AS on my truck, click link to see pic https://www.f150online.com/forums/su...installed.html. I like the AS b/c they provide an 1/4 offset to help resolve rubbing issues at full deflection, you can also get them powdercoated. Price is around $80 w/ free shipping.

Last edited by mdhawkin; 04-23-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Suspended
what he said ^^.

if your 2wd and really want a 3" you wont have nearly as many issues as a 4wd, probly just pre-mature ball joint wear. if your 4wd for sure stick with 2.5", the 3" will cause to much binding. i think wingman has a 3" (drives a black screw fx4 with oem 20's) you can ask him about the drawbacks of the 3", pretty sure hes wanting to get a suspension lift now to fix it.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Well I don't know what year your truck is and you said you want to go as high as you can, but just remember you very well might end up front high, which you make like that (I dont). And I know a lot of people on here say go with the 2" on a 2006+, because it doesn't have as much rake. But I would say stick with the 2.5 at max.

But just for a little personal experience, I just put an AS 2" kit on my truck this week and my truck measured a 2.5 inch rake to start with, well the kit ended up raising my truck right at 2.5 inches, so it sets dead level right now.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by JWBFX4
Well I don't know what year your truck is and you said you want to go as high as you can, but just remember you very well might end up front high, which you make like that (I dont). And I know a lot of people on here say go with the 2" on a 2006+, because it doesn't have as much rake. But I would say stick with the 2.5 at max.

But just for a little personal experience, I just put an AS 2" kit on my truck this week and my truck measured a 2.5 inch rake to start with, well the kit ended up raising my truck right at 2.5 inches, so it sets dead level right now.
^^ Correct, mine is a 2008 and with the 2.5 it sits a little high in the front, if you want high as you can using leveling kit and want it to be level, go with the 2.5 then add a leaf or replace factory two inch blocks with 3 inch blocks.

Quick Reply: leveling kit