2006 SuperCrew 2WD Suspension Lift

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SuperCrew 2WD Suspension Lift

Been reading around the forums and looked around for a definitive answer but either it has not been posted or I suck at searching.

I was hoping to get a 4 inch lift for my truck (2006 SuperCrew 2WD) from Rancho, but found out they don't make a 2wd version. So now it looks like its 6 inch suspension or nothing, well body lift is still an option.

The reason I was hoping to get the Rancho was that it worked with the stock wheels (currently running 17inch) and from I have read the Pro Comp and Fabtech lifts "require" aftermarket wheels with different offsets or back spacing. Is this true? If so what are the guidelines or specs?

I am currently running the 2wd with a 2.5 inch autospring leveling kit stock rear on OEM 17 inch wheels with 33x12.5 Pro Comp Mud Terrains.

Would like to get a 35 inch tire in there, hence the lift. I plan to do the install myself with the help of my brother, which is why I'm leaning towards the suspension lift and not the body lift.

Also if anyone knows some reputable shops in the San Diego area where I can purchase the Pro Comp or Fabtech lift please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

** OK i found some info on FabTech website; If I go with the Basic System it says "Use 315/70R17 tire with 17x8 wheels with 5" BS with minor trim" **

Can anyone tell me why this is required?

*** Found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FABTECH-2004-08-FORD-F150-2WD-6-LIFT-KIT-PART-K2000_W0QQitemZ250399981903QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMoto rs_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2503999819 03&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171|65%3A 12|39%3A1|240%3A1318 Is this about right for pricing? $1,495.00?

Last edited by l337viton; 04-20-2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:12 PM
For reputable shops in San Diego.......try ORW or the place that I bought my Rize from, Exalt Motorsports

As for the wheel fittment issue......We've discussed this plenty of times on here and had atleast one person step up and say that they were able to run stockers w/ the Fabtech. Don't think anybody has tried it with the PC though. The manufacturer gives you perameters that are safe and allow more than enough room for things to not rub. You can in fact go outside of those numbers and operate just fine if you know what you are doing.

Just to give you a heads up....if you're worried about wheel fittment you can find some steals on closeout rims right now on 4wheelparts.com. Also, Why not go with like a Camburg kit http://camburg.com/04F150.html since you're running a 2wd. That's for sure what I would do if I had a 2wd.

What part of SD you in?

Old 04-20-2009, 04:21 PM
I have a 2006 lifted SCREW using the Fabtech basic performance lift and I'm running 35x12.50 Pro Comp MT's on 18x9 XD Monsters, not sure of the BS though. I do have some minor rubbing up front, I just need to trim away some of the plastic part that hangs below the bumper. Previously I was running 35x12.50 Pro Comp Xtreme AT's on 18x9 Helo Maxx 6's with 5.4" of BS and had absolutely no rubbing issues. I think I am rubbing now due to a more aggressive tire tread pattern.

If you go with that kit you're going to want to switch out the 2" blocks it comes with in favor of 5" blocks. If you install the 2" blocks you'll be sitting lower in the rear. I took measurements of my truck this morning and with a 5" lift block in the rear I sit ~1" higher in the rear than the front. Here's a link to the lift block I have installed on my truck.

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTSBK52.html

Hope that helps.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by tlt008
For reputable shops in San Diego.......try ORW or the place that I bought my Rize from, Exalt Motorsports

As for the wheel fittment issue......We've discussed this plenty of times on here and had atleast one person step up and say that they were able to run stockers w/ the Fabtech. Don't think anybody has tried it with the PC though. The manufacturer gives you perameters that are safe and allow more than enough room for things to not rub. You can in fact go outside of those numbers and operate just fine if you know what you are doing.

Just to give you a heads up....if you're worried about wheel fittment you can find some steals on closeout rims right now on 4wheelparts.com. Also, Why not go with like a Camburg kit http://camburg.com/04F150.html since you're running a 2wd. That's for sure what I would do if I had a 2wd.

What part of SD you in?
Understood. I will try to educate myself more on backspacing / offset as well as what the Fabtech kit will do in addition to lifting the truck. I'm guessing it will make the wheels/tires stick out more from under the wheel wells? I dont mind if that happens, as long and the front and rear tires stick out the same amount. Like I said, i need to learn more.

The reason I dont want to go aftermarket, i know this may sound dumb, is that I really dont like how they look. They are usually too flashy and just look bad to me.

Took a look at that link. Those kits look way too pricey and most require fiberglass wheel wells... not my thing.

I'm in El Cajon, east county San Diego. Thanks for those references. Its always good to have some one else say that they had a good experience with a business before looking into it.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by wxscpo
I have a 2006 lifted SCREW using the Fabtech basic performance lift and I'm running 35x12.50 Pro Comp MT's on 18x9 XD Monsters, not sure of the BS though. I do have some minor rubbing up front, I just need to trim away some of the plastic part that hangs below the bumper. Previously I was running 35x12.50 Pro Comp Xtreme AT's on 18x9 Helo Maxx 6's with 5.4" of BS and had absolutely no rubbing issues. I think I am rubbing now due to a more aggressive tire tread pattern.

If you go with that kit you're going to want to switch out the 2" blocks it comes with in favor of 5" blocks. If you install the 2" blocks you'll be sitting lower in the rear. I took measurements of my truck this morning and with a 5" lift block in the rear I sit ~1" higher in the rear than the front. Here's a link to the lift block I have installed on my truck.

http://performancelifts.com/cgi-bin/cart/FTSBK52.html

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info on the rear blocks! When I do get new tires I thinks I'll go with an All Terrain this time around. I really only got the mud terrains because i got a great deal on some used ones.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:07 PM
I have the Fabtech lift for a 2wd and my stock wheels fit just fine with 35's on there, I had the procomp xtreme a/t's on there because the sidewall is not to aggresive. If you get a tire that has aggresive sidewalls you wont be able to fit them. I had about 1/4" between the tire and knuckle, and drove like that for about a year before I got some aftermarket wheels.

Old 04-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by ranorris2
I have the Fabtech lift for a 2wd and my stock wheels fit just fine with 35's on there, I had the procomp xtreme a/t's on there because the sidewall is not to aggresive. If you get a tire that has aggresive sidewalls you wont be able to fit them. I had about 1/4" between the tire and knuckle, and drove like that for about a year before I got some aftermarket wheels.
Oh sweet! That's what I wanted to hear. So non aggressive side-walled tires will fit? I'm guessing all terrains should not be an issue (BGF, Pro Comp, Bridgestone, etc.)?

Did anything ever rub? Any issues that you noticed having the OEM wheel and the Fabtech?

Old 04-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Nope never had any issues, I eventually just wanted some new wheels to change the look of my truck but you shouldn't have any problems if you go non-aggressive.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by l337viton
Oh sweet! That's what I wanted to hear. So non aggressive side-walled tires will fit? I'm guessing all terrains should not be an issue (BGF, Pro Comp, Bridgestone, etc.)?

Did anything ever rub? Any issues that you noticed having the OEM wheel and the Fabtech?
I had Pro Comp Xtreme At's on my truck prior and I had no rubbing issues and that was with zero trimming.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ranorris2
didnt you have stock 18"s im not sure if theres a difference or not between backspacing vs the 17's, but OP might wanna check into that

Old 04-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by IDNC76
didnt you have stock 18"s im not sure if theres a difference or not between backspacing vs the 17's, but OP might wanna check into that
From my research on this forum it looks like all Ford stock wheels have the same backspacing of 5.5.

But please let me know if I'm wrong!

Old 04-21-2009, 10:01 PM
the oem 20's have 6" bs to my knowledge...it's all the 7.5" wide wheels that have 5.5" bs...the 20's are 8" wide I think

Old 04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe the OEM 20 inch wheels are 20x8.5 with 6.5 inches of backspacing.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks tlt008 and wandell.

Wasn't aware that the 20 inch wheels were different. But as it stands if ranorris2 had 17 or 18 inch stock wheels his backspacing should still be 5.5 inches

Quick Reply: 2006 SuperCrew 2WD Suspension Lift