New Truck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 04:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New Truck!!!

Hi guys im new here and so far i like it. i get some real good info from here.
im 18 and over the summer im buying a new truck. its an 07 four door FX4 grey. and ive been looking for lift kits and i really like the 4in lifts cause i live in south TX and when i go hunting there are some low lying trees and i go mudding and i dont want to worry too much about flipping it when mudding!
SO i was wondering what yall thought and if yall had pics of aa f150 with a 4in lift 33in BFG MT KM2 on 18in rims. also what do yall think of the fabtech lift.

Thanks Guys

Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabtech is good but pretty expensive, but im guessing if you can afford a 07 u can afford a fabtech lift kit, another option is rancho, they are cheaper but still very good quality. also to fit 33s you only need a leveling kit, but if you want a 4 incher go right ahead, also more food for thought, 18" wheels are way more expensive and so are the tires that go with them. right now i have to stock 17s on my 03 with 33 in cooper mt and a torsion bar crank and when these tires wear out im going with a 15 inch rim. but if you got the money then go right ahead, if you plan on doing alot of off roading u probably will scuff up those nice 18s too, but hey welcome to the site and great choice with the FX4, peace

Old 04-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
get yourself some bilsteins shocks up front and a taller block in the back, some 35x12.50-18 BFG KM2's and call it good. 33's and a 4" lift (rancho is the only lift that is 4") will look like your tires are too small. fabtech is a good kit, alot of guys run it on here.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by warhammer44
Fabtech is good but pretty expensive, but im guessing if you can afford a 07 u can afford a fabtech lift kit, another option is rancho, they are cheaper but still very good quality. also to fit 33s you only need a leveling kit, but if you want a 4 incher go right ahead, also more food for thought, 18" wheels are way more expensive and so are the tires that go with them. right now i have to stock 17s on my 03 with 33 in cooper mt and a torsion bar crank and when these tires wear out im going with a 15 inch rim. but if you got the money then go right ahead, if you plan on doing alot of off roading u probably will scuff up those nice 18s too, but hey welcome to the site and great choice with the FX4, peace
You cannot fit a wheel smaller than 16 inches on your 2003. That is why there are no wheels availabel in the 5x135mm bolt pattern.
Crazyredneck, welcome to the site! The two best lifts for the 04-08's are the 6 inch Fabtech and RCD lifts. The 4 inch Rancho is also a good lift. You can easilly fit 35's with either kit.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:36 PM
x2 on what Wandell said.... Welcome to site ya Crazyredneck, lol.. If you're gonna be driving over fallen trees, you'll want more than a level kit. You can check out 4wheelparts.com to get an idea for pricing on the lift kits... Rancho 4" is ~$2K if you buy from a 4x4 truck shop... compared to basic Fabtech, which is I think ~ $2300... And I would definitely recommend 35's (P.S. 17" rim is smallest you can go for '04 + F150)... tires for 17" rims are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than for 18" rims and bigger...

Old 04-02-2009, 10:55 PM
what city in texas are you in?

Old 04-02-2009, 11:33 PM
welcome i am in texas also! alot of Ford live here!

Old 04-03-2009, 08:39 AM
ok well for some reason i thought 18 was stock but im gonna stick with stock rims and the truck im getting for $15,000 so a good deal. and i do alot of ranch work on my uncles ranch so i need more than leveling kit.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:51 AM
i live in houston but i spend alot of time in kerrville, fredricksberg area cause thats where my uncles ranch is.
Originally Posted by wreedKR
welcome i am in texas also! alot of Ford live here!
ya texas is ford country

Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 AM

Last edited by warhammer44; 04-03-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:19 PM
ATOM-Bilstein's and a lift block will net him only 3 inches max. The 5100's are adjustable to 3 inches, the lift block in the rear will cause much more axle wrap and will limit axle articulation, and if crazyredneck plans on towing anything that lift block is going to complicate things more, if he wants a 3 inch he needs an add a leaf or even better, get new springs altogether. Or, he could do like you said and get the 3" and then go with a 1" body lift. And, I have seen many trucks with a 4" lift and 33's and they look fantastic, with the 35's on a stock 18 in. wheel there is a chance for rubbing and with 35's he will have to regear. Plus the man said he wanted a 4" and 33's so I was trying to help him out on that one question not throw other things out there to confuse him.

WANDELL-Apparently you were right about the 15 in wheels, however they will fit, I have personally done it on 2 F150's and a Ram with very large rotors and calipers. Plus I plan on putting a Dana 60 in the rear of mine and was planning on re drilling the hubs and rotors. It is very tight but they will fit.

WINGMAN-I was telling him that he could fit 33's with a leveling kit and have plenty of ground clearance, just to let him know and an FX4 already sits up much higher than the other 4x4s, and it comes with skidplates so if he ever does need to test out the ground clearance he will be protected. However, i highly doubt he will be driving over huge trees in an 07. And 18 in. wheels are stock for an 07 and he can go down to a 16 in rim if he wants on his 6x135 mm bolt pattern if he wants.

REDNECK-You were right, 18's are stock on an 07.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:24 PM
WINGMAN-I was telling him that he could fit 33's with a leveling kit and have plenty of ground clearance, just to let him know and an FX4 already sits up much higher than the other 4x4s, and it comes with skidplates so if he ever does need to test out the ground clearance he will be protected. However, i highly doubt he will be driving over huge trees in an 07. And 18 in. wheels are stock for an 07 and he can go down to a 16 in rim if he wants on his 6x135 mm bolt pattern if he wants.

Just my 2 cents but the skid plates you are referring to comes from the factory, and in my opinion that right there will tell you how good they are . And I am not saying no one has done it( I dont think it will work), but I have never seen a 16 inch rim on a 04+ so unless you have some to test fit it I wouldn't dare waste the money on attempting.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:02 PM
ATOM-Bilstein's and a lift block will net him only 3 inches max. The 5100's are adjustable to 3 inches, the lift block in the rear will cause much more axle wrap and will limit axle articulation, and if crazyredneck plans on towing anything that lift block is going to complicate things more, if he wants a 3 inch he needs an add a leaf or even better, get new springs altogether. Or, he could do like you said and get the 3" and then go with a 1" body lift. And, I have seen many trucks with a 4" lift and 33's and they look fantastic, with the 35's on a stock 18 in. wheel there is a chance for rubbing and with 35's he will have to regear. Plus the man said he wanted a 4" and 33's so I was trying to help him out on that one question not throw other things out there to confuse him.

WANDELL-Apparently you were right about the 15 in wheels, however they will fit, I have personally done it on 2 F150's and a Ram with very large rotors and calipers. Plus I plan on putting a Dana 60 in the rear of mine and was planning on re drilling the hubs and rotors. It is very tight but they will fit.

REDNECK-You were right, 18's are stock on an 07.
Just to let you know, the Bilsteins are only adjustable to 2" not 3....and nobody makes a 1" bl for the 04+....and you don't have to regear w/ 35's

Old 04-03-2009, 08:49 PM
JWB-Ur right factory stuff does sometimes leave you out to dry, but if you get under neath there and knock on them their pretty sturdy, and they do make a 16 in rim for the 04+ but ur right not many people run them but its out there.

TLT-2.5" so we're splitting hairs, just because no one makes a 1 inch BL doesnt mean you cant make one. Body lifts are the easiest thing ever, get some 3 inch bushings cut em down to 1 inch and get some grade 8 hardware to hold er down and presto body lift. YOu never have to do "anything" as far as gears go, you could run 3.42s on a 44 inch tall tire, but its smart to regear to 4.10s at the very least.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
J

TLT-2.5" so we're splitting hairs, just because no one makes a 1 inch BL doesnt mean you cant make one. Body lifts are the easiest thing ever, get some 3 inch bushings cut em down to 1 inch and get some grade 8 hardware to hold er down and presto body lift. YOu never have to do "anything" as far as gears go, you could run 3.42s on a 44 inch tall tire, but its smart to regear to 4.10s at the very least.
ignore that, body lifts are more than just spacers.

no one is trying to confuse him, you are adding stupid to this thread with making a body lift.

rancho is the only 4" lift they make. great lift and you can run the stock rims if desired. fabtech will allow that too.

Last edited by ATOM; 04-03-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Quick Reply: New Truck!!!