Voided Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voided Warranty?

Does a lift kit void your warranty? I am looking at a 6" pro comp lift.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not exactly. If your truck breaks due to something related to you installing the lift, then they will void the warranty. However if something breaks that isn't related to the lift, then it will be covered.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Suspended
it all depends on your dealer. my dealer is great about stuff like that, don't even care it's on 35's.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Ok, so if the rear end goes because the gears fry it would be covered. Unless they determine that it had something to do with the lift

Old 04-01-2009, 11:19 PM
Like ATOM said it depends on the dealer. Some will cover it, others will say since you were running tires bigger then OEM, you put additional strain on the gears and caused the fry.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:27 PM
So it would be in my best interest to find out from the dealer I use, before I purchase it. I just dont want my warranty to go to waste.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Suspended
if your worried that much about the warranty, have the ford dealer do the work. usually they will cover it then, but not always.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by Captain America
So it would be in my best interest to find out from the dealer I use, before I purchase it. I just dont want my warranty to go to waste.
im in the same boat as you. i want to lift my 08 to!

Old 04-02-2009, 12:47 AM
I've always had good luck with local dealers here. I was told from one of them, they have to be able to prove the the aftermarket parts caused somethin to fail. Even still, they have been will to stretch that

Old 04-02-2009, 05:53 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
A lift kit replaces some of your OEM suspension components. So, common sense will tell you that your suspension & alignment are no longer under warranty. Ford cannot and will not pay to repair what they didn't put on the vehicle; nor will they cover anything OEM that is suspension related, such as your control arms, coil spring, leaf pack, assorted hardware et cetera.

One of your concerns was with the rear end. With most lift kits, the specs call for a certain wheel & tire size combination which is not OEM. Oftentimes, this means bigger wheels & tires, which translates to more weight and wear on your drive train. If your OEM gears or transmission goes out, the lift kit will not void your warranty; the bigger wheels and tires will void your warranty. Also remember that while the dealership is at it, they'll also tell you that your brakes no longer have a warranty because of those bigger wheels and tires.

Don't use logic here. It's pointless to argue that the added weight from wheels & tires is merely a drop in the bucket, when compared to all the weight from a fully loaded bed and whatever you're towing. Don't point out that if these trucks are made for hauling and towing thousands of pounds, then how could a couple of wheels and tires blow out your transmission and drive train?

But not to worry. Your bumper to bumper warranty is still valid for everything else. So while your lifted truck isn't running because the gears blew out and the transmission is blown, you can still get new wipers & cowlings.

Now let's be serious. A lot of guys have lifted trucks. There gears and transmissions did not explode under the stress of those big heavy wheels & tires. You should be okay. Add a deeper transmission pan with cooling fins, a transmission cooler, a larger capacity differential cover with cooling fins, and re-gear the truck. If it really bothers you, check with the wheel manufacturers and buy the lightest wheels.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:38 AM
well i have the rize and my warranty is still good i just got another tranny under warranty

Quick Reply: Voided Warranty?