Bilstein Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bilstein Installation

Does anyone have detailed instructions on installing Bilstein 5100's on a 06
f150 supercrew 4x4?I've read most posts and would like to provide my mechanic with as much help as possible to avoid some of the mistakes others on the site have encounted or made and are not mentioned by Bilstein.Any help appreciated.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:40 PM
well, you really cant make any mistakes..... and if your taking it to a mechanic, then they shouldnt have any problems. they are easy to swap over though..... just remove the stock coils, and take the spring off of the assembly.... thats the hardest/scarriest part of the whole job. but if your mechanic has a coil compressor machine, then your all set. i did mine with the clamps, and it was a VERY uneasy feeling. then swap your stock coils onto the bilsteins, and re-install into your truck. you'll have to get your alignment re-checked afterwards too.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks,does anything else have to be removed to replace shock in front like ball joints?
Read it somewhere???

Old 04-08-2009, 10:44 PM
how long should it take the dealership take to put the front shocks[bilstein 5100s] on. taking mine in tomorrow, they said about two hours.

Quick Reply: Bilstein Installation