UCA's or Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
UCA's or Coilovers?

So I was just curious, if someone wasn't going to replace both at the same time, which one would yield the best performance by itself?

Set-up: 6" 4x4 Screw on 35's, NBS, both Camburg suspension products

Also, has anyone found any better prices on these items than the $1050 for the coilovers, and the $599 for the UCA's? Thanks.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They both acheive different things....

The UCA's are a good bet if you have other than stock angles because they come with a Uniball joint that is virtually indistructable. You're OEM ball joints are weak and will wear out quick with bigger wheels if you have a spacer or something added to give you other than stock angle.
The coilovers will be a great addition anytime. You can leave them stock height and not crank them and they will feel a few leagues above the OEM struts from what I've heard. They will give you much better feel in your suspension. They can also be adjusted to give you a couple extra inches of height in the front and allow you to fit larger tires. That's the point where I would suggest adding the UCA's.

If you can't buy them both at the same time and you have stock angles, I'd say go with the coilovers first. Then later on when you get the money you can add the UCA's.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tlt008
If you can't buy them both at the same time and you have stock angles, I'd say go with the coilovers first. Then later on when you get the money you can add the UCA's.
Cool, thanks alot. Well since I'll have the 6" lift on it, I'm presuming my angles are the same specs as stock, so I guess the coilovers would be first.

Next question, which I think I know the answer to, but do you think the coilovers and UCA's available for the 2008 F-150 would fit onto a 2009 F150, or would I need to wait for them to be redesigned?

And has anyone found better prices on them?

Old 03-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know anything about the 09's yet other than you can supposedly fit 37's on a 6" lift with no problems. Call camburg and ask them because they probably know. They're really nice guys. I've called them before. As for the price.....Google is your best bet.

Quick Reply: UCA's or Coilovers?