Pimp My Ride....please

Old 03-25-2009, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pimp My Ride....please

OK, So here is the deal. I currently have a situation as to what direction to take my truck. I have gone back and forth about a million times, and I just can't make up my mind about what to do.

The Truck:
2008 STX 4x4 Flareside Regular Cab

I currently have a set of the famous 23" Saleen S331 Rims in Chrome.

I have not yet purchased tires or anything else to pursue putting these on, bc I just can't take the leap yet.

The first scenario is that I install the Roush Full 4x4 Suspension Kit (http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=540). Follow it by putting on the 23's (for summer driving, and go back to stock in winter) and call it a day. First question is, will this work?? With the drop from the suspension kit, will it make it too close to tuck the 23's? If possible...anyone that has done this suspension/wheel combo?

The second scenario isn't as clear, but it involves selling the 23's and pursuing a lift and going with the bigger tires and probably some 20's like rockstars or motometals...

I guess my question to everyone is, which one would you do? I am pretty much not dead set on either idea, but I definitely want some input before I pursue either way. I searched and searched, finding a lot of info on individual topics, but I guess the only way to address MY issue is to post it. Thanks in advance!!

Old 03-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1st off, make up your mind, wanna be jacked up or rolling big hoops? after you decide that, you can make up your mind, Dirtbound has a badass lifted stx

Old 03-25-2009, 12:24 AM
Originally Posted by ATOM
1st off, make up your mind, wanna be jacked up or rolling big hoops? after you decide that, you can make up your mind, Dirtbound has a badass lifted stx
therein lies the problem...and the entire reason for this thread...i honestly can't decide.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:46 AM
Suspended
that is a choice you have to make.
1. what do you use your truck for?
2. do you like big trucks that stand out? or lowered trucks with big rims?
3. can you afford to pay have a lifted truck? sounds silly, but it all adds up

i like both but having a lowered truck in WI is kinda silly IMO, sure its fun to goes fast and rail corners, but i would rather be up in the air and be set for all the seasons. take a look on cardomain or page thru the gallery and find trucks you like, and find out which ones appeal more to you , big or little.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:50 AM
that is a choice you have to make.
1. what do you use your truck for?
2. do you like big trucks that stand out? or lowered trucks with big rims?
3. can you afford to pay have a lifted truck? sounds silly, but it all adds up

i like both but having a lowered truck in WI is kinda silly IMO, sure its fun to goes fast and rail corners, but i would rather be up in the air and be set for all the seasons. take a look on cardomain or page thru the gallery and find trucks you like, and find out which ones appeal more to you , big or little.
all good info. i definitely like the look of the lifted truck. I would have to piece it together for the most part. The one thing that I dig about the 1st option is the affordability and escaping the attention of the fuzz. around my way you get a ticket for bumper height in less than a second...thanks ATOM

Old 03-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Trucks are for lifting.

You want to lower something? Buy a Honda.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:45 PM
OK, I really do wanna lift....so does anyone know of some trucks similar to mine, 04+ Reg Cab STX lifted that I could check out some pics on.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:56 PM
no chance this one belongs to anyone here??

Old 03-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by sonnycheeba4
OK, I really do wanna lift....so does anyone know of some trucks similar to mine, 04+ Reg Cab STX lifted that I could check out some pics on.
I have the same truck but FX4, I have more pics in my gallery

Old 03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
That is crazy. I just got done searching for your truck hash so i could tell him to check that out for regular cabs lifted. beat me to it.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
i like both but having a lowered truck in WI is kinda silly IMO, sure its fun to goes fast and rail corners, but i would rather be up in the air and be set for all the seasons.
x2 - I love the look of some lowered trucks, but for us, the practicality of a lift makes the most sense. The only thing that sucks is the lift laws Do whatever you like - take some time to research and look at pics - cardomain is a great site as mentioned. You already have rims but selling them shouldnt be that hard if you go lifted.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by polevaulter95
That is crazy. I just got done searching for your truck hash so i could tell him to check that out for regular cabs lifted. beat me to it.

I had a feeling I was needed

Old 03-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Hash278

I had a feeling I was needed
You must have seen the light...

Old 03-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Just for the record, Hash has a really nice truck. I would do something very similar.

Old 03-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by wrobo23
x2 - I love the look of some lowered trucks, but for us, the practicality of a lift makes the most sense. The only thing that sucks is the lift laws Do whatever you like - take some time to research and look at pics - cardomain is a great site as mentioned. You already have rims but selling them shouldnt be that hard if you go lifted.
yeah i hear ya. my friend has a silverado with a 6 inch suspension and cranked up to 8 and then a body lift on top of that rolling 38 or 39 inch swampers. 1st time he took it to eau claire. state trooper pulled him over and told him to go home and park it and not to drive it again in WI til some lift comes off and smaller tires. he said sold it another guy. see there is my dilemma, i want a rize but i can't lower it any, if i get busted i am buying another lift. so i may just buy mu 3/4 ton and not worry about it, but i would guarantee that a f250 on 40's will get hustled by the popo's or i am gonna throw a spacer on my rancho and stuff 37's and if i get yanked just pull the spacer and swap tires and get it signed off and go home and put it back on

Last edited by ATOM; 03-25-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pimp My Ride....please