Bags instead of Blocks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bags instead of Blocks?

Does anybody know if one can substitute the rear lift blocks for airbags? I want to get rid of the 5 or 6 inch rear blocks in my truck. I imagine it's not, but....let me hear the input

Old 03-20-2009, 12:07 PM
You can add Add-A-Leafs to get rid of the lift blocks. The air bag route is not the most favored idea. They lose air pressure really fast and need to be pumped up all the time (And by that I mean almost every day) . A friend had them on his truck and he installed an on board compressor that kicks on when they lost pressure, and that thing was on nearly all the time. He ended up taking the bags off and adding some leafs.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by onefitty
You can add Add-A-Leafs to get rid of the lift blocks. The air bag route is not the most favored idea. They lose air pressure really fast and need to be pumped up all the time (And by that I mean almost every day) . A friend had them on his truck and he installed an on board compressor that kicks on when they lost pressure, and that thing was on nearly all the time. He ended up taking the bags off and adding some leafs.
Do you know who makes the bags he had, or what system it was?

Old 03-20-2009, 12:54 PM
hmmm good info..how many leaves would I need to add though? I thought those air ride systems were supposed to be pretty good

Old 03-20-2009, 01:05 PM
i dont think you can just add-a-leaf for 5" or 6"...that just dont work. you have to buy new custom springs that can get very pricey. but as for the bags, i dont know...i am in the same situation as you are...i have 5" of blocks on mine...and i hate it! But i havent decided what i want to do yet.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:04 PM
to do bags it would be best to do a 4 link in the back with some contitech triple stacks they wont loose air psi unless they leak. i had a s10 that was fully bagged and could leave it aired up for a week and only loose about 3 psi.

Quick Reply: Bags instead of Blocks?